Rank III

Member III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Has anyone run the Pacific Crest Overland Route or a portion or modified version of it? I'm planning a trip using this route as a baseline heading southbound from August to October. From what I've read, snow should have melted in the WA, OR, and CA mountain ranges in August/September. CA deserts typically cool off in October.

Any suggestions, map share, and information welcome. Also, would love to have other members join. I'd like to keep it to 3 to 4 vehicles total depending on experience level.

Brief about myself: 36yo male. 9 years of overland experience. I mainly offroad my Tacoma but will be working on a 4runner build for this trip.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
I haven't really heard of the route, but with this being year having a very light snow pack, I think we'll see a lot of of higher elevation stuff open earlier (like June maybe...), at least in the south/middle Sierra. I think further north might be a little later, but I guess keep an eye on it. For the SoCal areas, I think with some planning you can find some cool places to camp even in the Summer. Were you planning on following the general area of the PCT in the socal areas or just breaking off through the desert and heading south?

If you wanted to post the route, i'd be interested in checking it out

2G4R

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUC
Im down! Ran a few sections of the trail before i knew about the PCOR. Do you have a route planned? Have a few gaia routes i can send if u want em