Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Does anyone have food allergies?

So I'm allergic to Gluten, Dairy, and Eggs. My family has found it pretty easy to adapt to the pain-in-the-butt allergies that I have.

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

yep, I carry 2 EpiPens with me on trips, plus normal allergy meds *flonase, benadryl. I have made sure my buddies that I do trips with how to use them if I am not responsive.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

yep, I carry 2 EpiPens with me on trips, plus normal allergy meds *flonase, benadryl. I have made sure my buddies that I do trips with how to use them if I am not responsive.
Well, I'm not that allergic. Just tiredness and a horrible rash.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
My wife just recently became allergic to red meat, so that will change our camp meal plans a bit.
It will definitely complicate your food selection, as dairy (cheese/eggs) are such staples on the camp circuit, for a poster above.

Red meat, BEEF?, only?, then that is easy to work around . If it includes pork (sausage), then it's a little harder., that leaves poultry products, which have lots of recipes to use and choose from.

My EX became partially allergic to shell fish. It was hit n miss. Sometimes she got a reaction, sometimes she didn't. We kept some Benadryl handy...pill and gel versions, for a allergic reaction if needed. Not a EPPI pen level of necessity.

EDIT;
I have always wondered if the freshness of sea food had been the reason of her susceptibility. Not bad, but not fresh either?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

It will definitely complicate your food selection, as dairy (cheese/eggs) are such staples on the camp circuit, for a poster above.

Red meat, BEEF?, only?, then that is easy to work around x. If it includes pork (sausage), then it's a little harder., that leaves poultry, which has lots of recipes to use.

My EX became partially allergic to shell fish. It was hit n miss. Sometimes she got a reaction, sometimes she didn't. Kept some benadryl handy...pill and gel, for the allergic reaction if needed. Not a EPPI pen level of necessity.
All mammalian meat they tested for came back highly allergic, so much so they didn't know why she hadn't had a full blown anaphylactic shock reaction yet.
Chicken and Turkey are now the mainstay in our house. The kids and I will eat fish but she doesn't like it so we rarely have that.