Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Reading some different threads it seems that most people have some amazing stories, close calls and things that just make you say.... wow. I wanted to hear more who else has one of these amazing incidents?

I guess I have had an uneventful path and honestly don't have anything outrageous, dangerous or just down right wtf to share.

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

Not specifically overlanding, but I'll leave these right here. I just wish I'd gotten a picture from the side to show how steep the slope was already. I did roll right out of it, but the 2 MX kids upslope from me were freaking out a little bit. View attachment 27009View attachment 27010
You should have changed the oil while you were there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3wbdriver

squishware

Rank III

Advocate II

Redwood City, CA, USA
First Name
batman
Last Name
jones
Back when my (ex) 06 LJ Rubicon was new and I was green at wheeling my three sons and I went to an off-road park in northern Florida. It was a very loose and very steep 50 foot climb. I was in 4low as we reached the top the wheels started slipping and our center of gravity changed. We could feel the Jeep wanting to fall backwards front over rear. Luckily the Jeep came with factory air lockers, I hit the switch for the front locker and the second wheel was able to gain enough traction to take us over the top. The consensus after the scare was "Thank God for Lockers!"