OVERLANDING IN THE MIDWEST!

• HTML tutorial

AndyMKE

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Anybody have good areas mainly in Wisconsin or surrounding states to get off the beaten path. My boys are 5 and 8. They have a very strong desire to be outside as much as possible. They are finally old enough and healthy enough to start doing some longer trips.

Also going to start planning a trip for next spring. Probably somewhere in the Nashville TN area.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
Look up the Trans-Wisconsin Adventure Trail. Started by adventure riders but can easily done by 4x4s as they are mostly gravel routes from what i can tell.

Upper Peninsula Michigan has miles and miles of trails. Muds, washouts, sand and great view of Lake Superior!

Reactions: Railman and AndyMKE

AndyMKE

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I have looked into the Trans-Wisconsin trail. It looks to be a pretty long trip. I am going to have to do a little more research on it and see what I can find for a detailed route and good stopping points.

Thank you for the advice.

Cobra5.4

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mount Morris, IL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9MHN
The trans- Wisconsin trail is a good one. We did it in three days starting from galena with two full size trucks. Wish we had one more day in there to be able to enjoy it a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khorsa

Rank III

Advocate II

michigan
I really hate typing the name of that trail out, but the acronym is just so unfortunate. I plan on doing it next year, then back home to SE Michigan through the upper peninsula.