Rank III

Enthusiast II

Citrus County, Florida, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Becker
Member #

This rig has been my ride for nearly a year while deployed. I wish I could find one reasonable on govplanet. Drawers for tools, plasma cutter, cutting torch, welder, electric air compressor AC and it even has a turbo. It's a bit stiff if the seats and suspension lol

Attachments

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

First, Thank You for your Service! I spent many an hour off roading in my one ton service body with service pack, chasseing our equipment over many power line roads . Some of the best times I had. I didn't have to dodge any bad guys, OH I take that back, we had Protesters blocking the road a few times.....

Reactions: SSG Becker

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
This rig has been my ride for nearly a year while deployed. I wish I could find one reasonable on govplanet. Drawers for tools, plasma cutter, cutting torch, welder, electric air compressor AC and it even has a turbo. It's a bit stiff if the seats and suspension lol
That was my overland truck for many years. I miss my 6.5L tool box, and I too have been looking high and low for one… but I know realistically I won’t find one all set up. DMRO will strip it down before auction.

Reactions: 9Mike2

SSG Becker

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Becker
Member #

That was my overland truck for many years. I miss my 6.5L tool box, and I too have been looking high and low for one… but I know realistically I won’t find one all set up. DMRO will strip it down before auction.
That's basically what'll happen to this one. It'll go home to be coded out due to age and miles plus the new one has a different suspension set up that gives it a 4 inch lift and ABS

Reactions: M Rose

SSG Becker

Rank III

Enthusiast II

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Becker
Member #

First, Thank You for your Service! I spent many an hour off roading in my one ton service body with service pack, chasseing our equipment over many power line roads . Some of the best times I had. I didn't have to dodge any bad guys, OH I take that back, we had Protesters blocking the road a few times.....
I've been in long enough to have driven and worked on the old one ton Chevys the army had in the 90s lol. Dirt everyday on motor trend built a couple of them. I'm looking forward to much easier travels in my Avalanche. Thank you for your support!

Reactions: 9Mike2

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I want one of these:

Toss a 16' travel trailer on it's back.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I've been in long enough to have driven and worked on the old one ton Chevys the army had in the 90s lol. Dirt everyday on motor trend built a couple of them. I'm looking forward to much easier travels in my Avalanche. Thank you for your support!
I have spent most of my time working on rigs that are six inches deep in mud and dirt cake with anything for engine oil, gear oil , diesel, gas, trans fluid, hyd. oil. Loads of fun just trying to turn wrenches. I have to post the pics I took of a couple guys drive through soft mud in their 6X6's , both burred up to the doors, a Heavy wrecker and a 5 ton and my 1 ton trained up to tow them out one at a time...