TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Picked up a twin pump compressor from Overland Pros in Sacramento. It came highly recommended by some of the local Sacramento OB guys.
I finally got to try it out this weekend in Sand Mountain, NV.

It cost $150.

Ted,with Overland Pros, was very helpful with setting up a local pickup. We were only passing through on our way to Tahoe and had a very narrow window to pick up the compressor and he was very accommodating.

Heres my 2 cents...

PROS:
~Reasonable price for a twin pump $150
~High flow. The label says 300L/m. This is about 10.59cfm. It filled my tires from 20psi to 60psi in about 5 minutes.PSX_20180402_180913.jpg

~It looks good. The piston housing is red paintPSX_20180402_180710.jpg
~Long hose at 26ft. It'll reach to all my tires on my F250 without having to move the compressor.
~Hose doesnt kink and is easy to roll up
~The bag is plenty big enough for the compressor and hose
~The handle pivots down to make the compressor more square. Better for storing. It fits behind my back seat.

CONS:
~Short duty cycle of 25%. It does fill your tires so fast that this isnt really a big deal.
~The bag it comes with is pretty cheap and isnt gonna last long. The zipper is already sticking.
~The valve stem connector is that typical screw on style that comes with most compressors. I dont like it. I cant get it to operate properly so I can check the pressure without turning off the pump. I used my trucks TPMS to tell me what pressure I was at and double checked it with a handheld gauge afterwards.
~Although the red is a pretty color, the paint had some chips and running(who cares)PSX_20180402_181242.jpg

All and all, I would absolutely recommend this pump. I havent used many other brands, so my experience is limited.
I may look at using this pump for an onboard air system in the future.
Go to http://www.overlandpros.com/index.php/product/twin-pump-compressor to see this item and some of their other products.

Reactions: Boort

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Was that all 4 tires in 5 min. or each. If all 4, wow.
Doug
No it was one tire and it was actually less than 5 min average between all the tires.
I did the test again from 20 to 60psi and it took 4 min 15 sec. Give or take a couple seconds of running from the gauge to the compressor.
As a reference I'm running 275/70/18.

Reactions: bionicman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks! The duty cycle is the killer for me.