Overland Expo Flagstaff 2020 From Sacramento Area

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

CTO1Mike

Rank V

Influencer II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC5DWF
Hello all, I am going to OE West near Flagstaff, AZ in 2020. I am a solo Overlander and will be departing from the Sacramento Area.

I am going to use this thread to plan my route, and maybe coordinate with anyone else going from NorCal.

If a group forms then I will throw up a Rally Point with the details.

Thanks,
Mike

makboz

Rank I

Member I

SF Bay Area
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Bosma
Member #

Interested - I’d be coming from the bay, could meet you near Sac or on the way. Keep us updated and hopefully we can work it out. Best - Boz

Reactions: CTO1Mike

RoarinRow

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

When is the event? Were you thinking of going straight there in a day or multiple day trip with stops along the way?

CTO1Mike

Rank V

Influencer II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC5DWF
When is the event? Were you thinking of going straight there in a day or multiple day trip with stops along the way?
Expo West is May 15-17. You can arrive on Thursday, 16 May, if you are camping, and stay till Monday morning 18 May.

My camping tickets for the full weekend have already been purchased.

I am thinking of camping one night on the way and one night on the return.

Will try to put up a draft itinerary asap. But the final plan will be based on who all wants to go or can go as a group.

Hoping to hit Death Valley on the way to Expo. And then the Mojave National Preserve on the way home.

RoarinRow

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Expo West is May 15-17. You can arrive on Thursday, 16 May, if you are camping, and stay till Monday morning 18 May.

My camping tickets for the full weekend have already been purchased.

I am thinking of camping one night on the way and one night on the return.

Will try to put up a draft itinerary asap. But the final plan will be based on who all wants to go or can go as a group.

Hoping to hit Death Valley on the way to Expo. And then the Mojave National Preserve on the way home.
Thanks Mike, sounds like a good plan. Will consider it.

CTO1Mike

Rank V

Influencer II

Yuba City, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC5DWF
I saw something on Facebook about volunteering at Expo and getting free entry
I think I saw something like that about Expo East. Contact Kent to get official word. So far I have not seen anything for Expo West.