Overland Expo East 2022 "You know what we need to do next year is...." | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Expo East 2022 "You know what we need to do next year is...."

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Ohio Valley Overland

US MidWest Region Member Rep

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Ok folks I've started this thread for OXE22 so that we can come up with some ideas for next year. I love to get feed back from people so please let me know what we can do better next year. first if you were there fill out the survey they sent to you by email. Give them honest feed back about what they did well and what needs improvement. I may do a google form as well to find out what we can do next year too. As far as I could see most everyone who came by my camp and was hanging out had a good time. Tacos and bourbon were flying!....but the venue would not let me rope off an area and the area I had wanted to set up in was used for something else. I wish we could all have camped together but it simply was not in the cards....we will try again next year. I'm thinking of doing day long overland route out of the venue and out into the surrounding area. That would give us something we could do together outside of the camping area and give a since of community. Anyone want to take on that beast of an idea let me know. OK everyone, lets hear some ideas!

mamalone200

Rank IV

Contributor III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

Hey, I was at Expo but I did not come by and visit your camp. I ended up camping in the Overland Experience area, and had a pretty good experience. My biggest complaints is the lack of signage for classes and the floodlights that ran all night.

I'm far from an expert in the area, but I do know of some trails to the Northwest of Arrington in the George Washington National Forest. You could link 3 or 4 of these trails together and make a nice little day trip.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Supporter

Member II

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
There should have been representation from OB for it's members if nothing else. That's what needs to be done differently.
Now that Expo has scheduled the events next year that are more than a couple of weeks apart, the plan is to be at all three expos next year.

NJCoastal

Rank II
Adventure

Traveler III

Rancocas Woods, Mount Laurel Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mezick
Member #

Ok folks I've started this thread for OXE22 so that we can come up with some ideas for next year. I love to get feed back from people so please let me know what we can do better next year. first if you were there fill out the survey they sent to you by email. Give them honest feed back about what they did well and what needs improvement. I may do a google form as well to find out what we can do next year too. As far as I could see most everyone who came by my camp and was hanging out had a good time. Tacos and bourbon were flying!....but the venue would not let me rope off an area and the area I had wanted to set up in was used for something else. I wish we could all have camped together but it simply was not in the cards....we will try again next year. I'm thinking of doing day long overland route out of the venue and out into the surrounding area. That would give us something we could do together outside of the camping area and give a since of community. Anyone want to take on that beast of an idea let me know. OK everyone, lets hear some ideas!
Rigs to assemble at a location a quarter mile or more away from the Expo.

Soon after 25 or more rigs arrive a convoy will begin (OB Parade). All members to attach a OB flag or banner to their rigs.

Once the convoy arrives at the campsite the rigs are to form tight rings (dart board pattern).

A large Solo Stove to be placed in the center of the convoy ring for a communal fire with seating safely arranged at a distance around the parameter.

OB Convoy Start Location (actual place, date, and arrive / depart times TBD) (support a local farm?)

Option 1:
Saunders Brothers Farm Market
GPS: 37.71664, -78.96819

1634210999925.png

1634176577656.png

Option 2:
Peavine Mountain Access
GPS: 37.72576, -78.80186

1634267669569.png

More details to follow.

Last edited:

mamalone200

Rank IV

Contributor III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

1634130237749.png
Here is a quick route I put together in GAIA, it is right about 100 miles long and should take approximately 8 hours with stops. It's a good mixture of pretty highways and dirt roads. It runs by Shoe Creek Trail, some overlooks on the BRP, and through Enchanted Creek trail. Nothing too difficult, anyhting with 4x4 and a modicum of ground clearance will do well. I can't volunteer to lead a trip right now, but this could be a good resource for whoever ends up responsible for it.

diabetiktaco

US East Region Member Rep, NJ

Member III

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

View attachment 212658
Here is a quick route I put together in GAIA, it is right about 100 miles long and should take approximately 8 hours with stops. It's a good mixture of pretty highways and dirt roads. It runs by Shoe Creek Trail, some overlooks on the BRP, and through Enchanted Creek trail. Nothing too difficult, anyhting with 4x4 and a modicum of ground clearance will do well. I can't volunteer to lead a trip right now, but this could be a good resource for whoever ends up responsible for it.
If you want to send me the GPX I can probably lead it. Maybe this winter..