Overland cooking station

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Cappy410

Rank IV
Founder 500

Pathfinder I

Okotoks, AB
Member #

So I love to cook while overlanding and I thought I would build myself a collapsible cooking station. It was really easy to make ($50) worth of lumber. Pine shelves, 1x4"s, 2 hinges, brace plate, couple of plastic knobs, couple of carriage bolts and some lacquer. The results are, well have a look for yourself.

Keep on Jeepin' On!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500

Advocate II

Spanaway, Washington, USA
Member #

I've started looking at building up a trailer next year.  Cooking space has always been one of my challenges when I'm out and about.

I'm going to have to remember this when I start working up the plans.

That's a great, and simple implementation.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Michael

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Pathfinder II

Dublin, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
Great job Cappy!

-M

Mike G

Rank VI

Navigator I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Looks great! It's just missing one little thing, a beer bottle opener. As I recall, Canadian beer bottles do not come with twist off caps. :grinning:

RescueRangers

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

Looking like a very functional set up. I just started building a kitchen for the back of our Jeep. We are hoping to have it finished for our trip this spring, if work would stop getting in the way.

Dominic OB0158

Rank VI
Founder 500
Benefactor

Influencer II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

So I love to cook while overlanding and I thought I would build myself a collapsible cooking station. It was really easy to make ($50) worth of lumber. Pine shelves, 1x4"s, 2 hinges, brace plate, couple of plastic knobs, couple of carriage bolts and some lacquer. The results are, well have a look for yourself.

Keep on Jeepin' On!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like your trailer....Do you have any more pictures of your trailer....looks kinda military.

NorCalCrisp

Rank VI

Influencer II

Green Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Looks great! It's just missing one little thing, a beer bottle opener. As I recall, Canadian beer bottles do not come with twist off caps. :grinning:
He has one installed on the back of his Jeep. I saw him use it on one of his YouTube videos.

I really want to get a trailer like this. The RTT is at eye level and makes it easier to put away when you're ready to pack up camp.