Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
I feel bamboozled.. This event is in California, yet posted to the Northwest group.

I agree, this is too far for a weekend trip.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

My kids are out of school that week so I'm just making it a 4 day weekend. Be a long day going home Sunday if I have to work Monday so maybe 5 day weekend...

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I feel bamboozled.. This event is in California, yet posted to the Northwest group.

I agree, this is too far for a weekend trip.
Yep it is a long way but as your interim ambassador I felt I should keep everyone informed about OLB happenings. I am having an OLB meet-up in the Portland/Vancouver area September 22 at 0900 hrs location TBD. I know its not a rally but one of the things I plan to talk about is starting a regional rally in the PNW.

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
Yep it is a long way but as your interim ambassador I felt I should keep everyone informed about OLB happenings. I am having an OLB meet-up in the Portland/Vancouver area September 22 at 0900 hrs location TBD. I know its not a rally but one of the things I plan to talk about is starting a regional rally in the PNW.
No worries, I chose my wording to try and convay that I was just poking fun at it.

Thanks

Reactions: Kent R

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

I'm on call the weekend of the 22nd so wont make that one. But will keep an eye out as the kids like going to the Oregon coast

Reactions: RainGoat

RS Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Stipe
Member #

I just signed up and looking forward to trekking down for the Off-Grid Rally. I am on Bainbridge Island, WA and would love to connect with anyone else headed down from the PNW to put together a convoy. This will be my first Overland Rally of any kind so the excitement meter is pegged on high.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyingnome

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Also my first event. I think we are headed down Thursday and going to stop in Sacramento then have an easy couple hours Friday to arrive by 3pm. I doubt our routes intersect but this is the way I'm headed.

20180824_202248.jpg

Reactions: Chadlyb

RS Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Stipe
Member #

Also my first event. I think we are headed down Thursday and going to stop in Sacramento then have an easy couple hours Friday to arrive by 3pm. I doubt our routes intersect but this is the way I'm headed.

View attachment 66046
I am not sure of my route yet, but it looks unlikely we will cross paths until the rally. If my buddy comes with me we may add some days on either side and hit some of the trails around Lassen NP. Hopefully we can connect at the rally. Thanks.

Reactions: flyingnome