Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

I'm a certifiable podcast nut. I have added you to the list.

tom

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Peninsula
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Owen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6DHD
Thanks again for sharing this Michael. As you know, I think this is one of those exceptionally inspiring stories that I have been privileged to discuss with you. Now even more thrilled that it will be shared to inspire so many others. Cheers to you and the entire OB "team". Tom

Reactions: Anders0nic

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thanks again for sharing this Michael. As you know, I think this is one of those exceptionally inspiring stories that I have been privileged to discuss with you. Now even more thrilled that it will be shared to inspire so many others. Cheers to you and the entire OB "team". Tom
Thanks Tom! I know those close to us know the story well, but now I have a place we can refer people to for those interested. Best to you and yours in 2017!

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
WOW, well done @Michael . Real is real and you so epitomize this. Proud to call you friend and share in the adventure OB has and is bringing to others. Happy New Year to you and @Corrie . Thank you !!!!!

Last edited:

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Thank you @Michael,

This one really resonated with me. Our situations are fairly different (aren't they all), but it is helpful to know that other people have struggles, and that it is possible to get out of the darkness.

I'm also very thankful that you found the time to create this amazing community. It has helped me more than I can ever begin to explain.

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Thank you @Michael,

This one really resonated with me. Our situations are fairly different (aren't they all), but it is helpful to know that other people have struggles, and that it is possible to get out of the darkness.

I'm also very thankful that you found the time to create this amazing community. It has helped me more than I can ever begin to explain.
Thank you! Your comments are much appreciated! It's why we do it.
M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
WOW, well done @Michael . Real is real and you so epitomize this. Proud to call you friend and share in the adventure OB has and is bringing to others. Happy New Year to you and @Corrie . Thank you !!!!!
Thank you mason. Real for better or worse. :) Happy new year!

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Listened to your podcast this morning as I walked the beach.
Takes a lot of guts to stand up and open up like you did so big bravo from me.
Some of what you said resonated with me and on a personal level it's often during the bad times that I have found my way back to the outdors but only on a short term basis as "responsibility" raises its head and I have to consider others.
Finally at the age of 51 I have put myself first, my financial responsibilities are clear and I can go down a route I have often dreamed of but never realised.
It's never too late, patience and ultimately a dream will get you where you want to be.
Thanks for sharing and all yours and Corrie's efforts.

Reactions: Michael and jdunk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Listened to your podcast this morning as I walked the beach.
Takes a lot of guts to stand up and open up like you did so big bravo from me.
Some of what you said resonated with me and on a personal level it's often during the bad times that I have found my way back to the outdors but only on a short term basis as "responsibility" raises its head and I have to consider others.
Finally at the age of 51 I have put myself first, my financial responsibilities are clear and I can go down a route I have often dreamed of but never realised.
It's never too late, patience and ultimately a dream will get you where you want to be.
Thanks for sharing and all yours and Corrie's efforts.
Thank YOU!

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hah... just listening to this on my commute to the office. Stuck on a train at the point you said 'bus journey, work, bus journey, food, Tv, bed, repeat'. Yep going crazy! Only saving bit is I get to drive my rig for part of my journey everyday. Thanks for sharing... plenty of thought will come of listening to this... hopefully more getting out there too! Interested how you balance work and getting out there... maybe I've not got to that bit yet.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk