Overland Bound One Feature Upvote | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound One Feature Upvote

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

M Rose

US Northwest Region Director
Expedition
Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m going to continue where @Michael left off on his second point.

When we joined this community we call Overland Bound, we agreed to fallow and uphold the “Founding Principles”. This doesn’t just mean we accept everyone no matter what they drive, but we also inform and teach not only our members but those we meet along the trails how to properly utilize our natural resources while learning no trace and treading lightly.

The purpose of the Rally Points aren’t to just give members a way of meeting up for a trail ride/campout or a cup of coffee at a local coffee shop; they are also great opportunities for teaching and training, organizing cleanups and trail maintenance, public awareness of what OB stands for.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

When will the ipo happen so we can see return on investment?
I invested because I have the disposable income to play with but others out there may not and the investment info really didn't tell me much about what your planning on doing or on what timeline.
When ipo happens what are your shares valued at? $5,$10, $15,$20 a share etc.
How much share will each investment tier get us on opening? Example if we did the $150 investment what would we expect in share from that investment or any of the other amounts?

M Rose

Expedition
Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
When will the ipo happen so we can see return on investment?
I invested because I have the disposable income to play with but others out there may not and the investment info really didn't tell me much about what your planning on doing or on what timeline.
When ipo happens what are your shares valued at? $5,$10, $15,$20 a share etc.
How much share will each investment tier get us on opening? Example if we did the $150 investment what would we expect in share from that investment or any of the other amounts?
This needs to be asked HERE

Kozysnack

Rank VI
Expedition
Adventure

Enthusiast III

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
why isn't this the top trending thread on OB? Y'all are trail blazing a new path and product for all the members & the members to come. Seems like more people would be interested.
I up voted a few items that I'd like to see happen quickly. and also "upvote" the idea that ALL of them sound awesome if/when.

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Expedition
Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
why isn't this the top trending thread on OB? Y'all are trail blazing a new path and product for all the members & the member to come. Seem like more people would be interested.
I up voted a few items that I'd like to see happen quickly. and also "upvote" the idea that ALL of them sound awesome if/when.
I visit the Upvote page several times a week to see if any new ideas have come up, and then obviously upvote them lol

Reactions: Kozysnack

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Member Rep. Colorado: Denver Area
Expedition

Influencer III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

So when is OverlandBound going to create a navigation app that runs on a Win10/11 desktop? Android /IOS screens are too small for many people to read and we need larger screens as well as familiar protocols in order to navigate the back country. You might find there are more people out there who would really appreciate a Windows app. I for one amd sick and tired of Android this and IOS that which never really live up to the promise of easy back country navigation. None of them come in 13 inch, or larger, screens.
there are 13" tablets running iOS and Android. Plus if have have readability issues, you can always use the system accessibility options like increasing the font size, increasing contrast etc.

I sure hope the dev team won't waste time/resource on a windows version, rather i would prefer them improving the existing app.

Laurits

Rank IV
Supporter +

Enthusiast I

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham Callsign
HamHead
there are 13" tablets running iOS and Android. Plus if have have readability issues, you can always use the system accessibility options like increasing the font size, increasing contrast etc.

I sure hope the dev team won't waste time/resource on a windows version, rather i would prefer them improving the existing app.
Yes BUT, Windows is so much more capable and useful than IOS or Android tablets. My Windows notebook provides two 13" screens for navigation as well as multiple windows with other GPS data screens. Try that with an Android tablet or smartphone. Not only that, I can do research and work in any location, go shopping for parts and supplies and arrange convenient pickup locations. In addition it has 4 terrabytes of storage, a very fast main processor and communications using Wifi, satellite and cellular networks for use as needed. It also stores movies and a large eclectic music and a how to reference book library. Not quibbling, just saying tablets and smartphones leave a lot to be desired. Touch screens are finiky and hard to use while under way, but a mouse can be operated without taking eyes off the road when the screen is right in front of the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Laurits

Rank IV
Supporter +

Enthusiast I

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham Callsign
HamHead
Hey all,

Overland Bound is community-first. Built by the community, for the community.

This has led to the development of social features, rally point, map features, the OB1 app, the list goes on. To help continue this effort, we are trying out an "upvote" feature, which will allow you to upvote features, or add your own request. Every software platform is a list of trade-offs, and Overland Bound One is no different - so let us know what you need!

We created the app because the needs of our community were not addressed. You have social apps. You have mapping apps. You have planning apps. Our community requires all three with community integrated seamlessly. By doing so you bring the power, support, and knowledge of the community to bear on any situation, and to every feature.

We intend Overland Bound One to be the global standard for our overland community and with your help we will make it so.

Here is the link to the feature upvote page! :Please let me know if you have any questions!

Overland Bound One Feature Upvote

UPDATED LINK: Overland Bound Prodcamp Upvote
Improvements:
  • Added Roadmap
  • Improved Upvote
  • Released Feature List
  • Release notes
L. Jorgensen, supporting member. I would suggest that those of us who donate money as a supporter be rewarded with stock or that recurring donations be used to purchase stock. Otherwise you should perhaps discontinue the supporter donation program.

M Rose

Expedition
Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Yes BUT, Windows is so much more capable and useful than IOS or Android tablets. My Windows notebook provides two 13" screens for navigation as well as multiple windows with other GPS data screens. Try that with an Android tablet or smartphone. Not only that, I can do research and work in any location, go shopping for parts and supplies and arrange convenient pickup locations. In addition it has 4 terrabytes of storage, a very fast main processor and communications using Wifi, satellite and cellular networks for use as needed. It also stores movies and a large eclectic music and a how to reference book library. Not quibbling, just saying tablets and smartphones leave a lot to be desired. Touch screens are finiky and hard to use while under way, but a mouse can be operated without taking eyes off the road when the screen is right in front of the steering wheel.
I personally hate MS… I’ve never been a fan of the bloated file systems… my 12 month old laptop can’t be updated to Win 11 without purchasing another OS… meanwhile IOS 15 was just released and my old iPad and iPhone XR both upgraded for free.
If I could run WinLink on iOS, I wouldn’t even need my pc… I use my pc exactly 15 minutes a week… iPad, iPhone, and Android devices I use 12-18 hours a day.

Laurits

Rank IV
Supporter +

Enthusiast I

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham Callsign
HamHead
I personally hate MS… I’ve never been a fan of the bloated file systems… my 12 month old laptop can’t be updated to Win 11 without purchasing another OS… meanwhile IOS 15 was just released and my old iPad and iPhone XR both upgraded for free.
If I could run WinLink on iOS, I wouldn’t even need my pc… I use my pc exactly 15 minutes a week… iPad, iPhone, and Android devices I use 12-18 hours a day.
Each to his own. It's all about what works best in your own mgmt system. For me it's my laptop and that don't want to learn a new OS or multiples thereof. Also I'm used to a big desktop and I don't want change. I dare say you don't want to either, but allow me to wish for a Windows app in OBs nag software.

M Rose

Expedition
Benefactor

Explorer I

La Grande, Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7MFV
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Each to his own. It's all about what works best in your own mgmt system. For me it's my laptop and that don't want to learn a new OS or multiples thereof. Also I'm used to a big desktop and I don't want change. I dare say you don't want to either, but allow me to wish for a Windows app in OBs nag software.
It’s not that I want to learn an new OS… I can do a lot of stuff with a Windows Machine… but I find them bulky, comber some, and slow compared to an eDevice (tablet, phone, ect.) I’ve built many a Windows Based PC, but after the failure of Windows 8, I have found alternatives to almost all of MY software needs. Like I said earlier, if WinLink would be ported to mobile… or even Linux, I wouldn’t even need a PC any more.

I have a desktop that hasn’t been powered on in over 8 years, my laptop gets booted up every Saturday Night for 15 minutes… and most of that time is waiting for the OS to turn everything on and then shut down… It takes about 15 seconds to transfer my email that I composed in 3 seconds on my iPhone to my WinLink account and hit send. Another 90 seconds or so for WinLink to make its connection to the gateway and transfer the data to the server.
My point in all of this… Android and IOS are faster and more secure than windows, more people are using Android and IOS more than Windows. Schools are handing out Chromebooks which are based off of a version of Android. There just isn’t a need for a Win version of OB. Besides, @Michael has already said it’s not in the plans.

K12

Rank IV
Expedition
Adventure

Contributor III

Middleton, Canyon County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
there is always the option of running an android emulator on your windows computer. I did this for a soptting scope camera that only works qith android/ios. didnt like using it on the phone screen and it works great on my laptop.

Laurits

Rank IV
Supporter +

Enthusiast I

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham Callsign
HamHead
R
there is always the option of running an android emulator on your windows computer. I did this for a soptting scope camera that only works qith android/ios. didnt like using it on the phone screen and it works great on my laptop.

Not sure it matters, but my little notebook/laptop doesn't have a touch screen. I am aware of Bluestacks and have it installed but have yet to test it with Gaia or any of the other multitudes of Android apps. It's low priority because I have my DeLorme TOPO program which works very well, it's just old and outdated.