• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

***Please read this entire post***

The venue for the first OLB - Midwest Meet and Greet has been set for Brown County State Park in southern Indiana. Dates are August 11, 12th and 13th. Staying 2 nights. Since this is a state park it is more developed camping than I like, but hey...there is bathrooms on the premises haha. Camping is $10 per night at the gate. They also charge an entrance fee of $7 for in state or $9 for out of state residents.. I already took pre-payment from 5 people since that was the minimum to make the reservations. If you want to prepay, message me..otherwise you will pay at the gate.

We will have some short hikes planned, some backroad exploring and just some good ole campfire-sitting-marshmallow-cookin'-fun. Questions? Just ask. I will include a link to the Brown County State Park website so you can see what there is. I will update this post as plans for routes are finalized. I am super excited to host this event and we hope for a big turnout. Link to State Park site: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2988.htm

I have attached a KML file of the planned route, keep in mind 2 things; 1: This is my first time creating a map so bear with me. 2: The planned route may change due to road conditions, some times they're not passable due to deep water.

Also, here is my cell phone number: call or text (text is preferred) Main cell: 765-513-8032 Backup cell: 765-481-7604 (hard to reach at the second number). I will also have CB there for contact also. (Sorry no HAM at this time, not yet certified)

It should be pretty easy to find the group.. Just check in at desk, the camp name is "Rally Camp 001" they will provide directions on how to get to camp. Just look for the blue Jeep XJ with "OUTFIT & EXPLORE" on the side and the big Overland Bound Base Camp flag.

Hope to see you there!!

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

RAD! I only an hour from Brown County...I'm interested in coming for sure but I fear my FJ will not really be ready for much offroading by then...how rough will the trails be?...something a FJ can tackle with 1/2 tread AT tires and no lift...don't think I'm ready to take it on any water crossing over the hubs yet....

Lance Parker

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Indiana
Member #

RAD! I only an hour from Brown County...I'm interested in coming for sure but I fear my FJ will not really be ready for much offroading by then...how rough will the trails be?...something a FJ can tackle with 1/2 tread AT tires and no lift...don't think I'm ready to take it on any water crossing over the hubs yet....
I live in Brown County, I looked at the route they laid out, very easy drive! you will be fine. see ya there!

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

This is what i get for being offline all summer, a event in my backyard and we will be in Mich......
Hope you all enjoy, i suggest a stop at "Big wood's village" in Nashville, craft beer, pizza and hard liquor....no i dont work for them just really enjoy all their local made products.

Reactions: THEpoorguy

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
Three other guys and I here in NE Ohio are planning an Ohio caravan. We are meeting at the TA Truck stop at the intersection of 71/76 at 1:30 this Friday. We are planning a stop in Columbus to pick up one more along the way, if anyone else wants to join let us know. As most people seem to be using Facebook to communicate about this event, please see and post there if you are interested.

Reactions: Lance Parker

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
This is what i get for being offline all summer, a event in my backyard and we will be in Mich......
Hope you all enjoy, i suggest a stop at "Big wood's village" in Nashville, craft beer, pizza and hard liquor....no i dont work for them just really enjoy all their local made products.
James Parada, Thomas CatzAuto and I plus one other guy from Medina are planning an Ohio caravan. We are meeting at the TA Truck stop at the intersection of 71/76 at 1:30 this Friday. We can stop in Columbus and Dayton and more along the way to pick up anyone else who wants to join. As most people seem to be using Facebook to communicate about this event, please see and post there if you are interested.

OhioJeff

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Akron,Ohio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8LJW
James Parada, Thomas CatzAuto and I are planning an Ohio caravan. We are meeting at the TA Truck stop at the intersection of 71/76 at 1:30 this Friday. We can stop in Columbus and Dayton and more along the way. As most people seem to be using Facebook to communicate about this event, please see and post there if you are interested.

https://goo.gl/maps/spdw1KSM6At.

Seadog

Rank II
Launch Member

Member III

Greenwood, IN
Member #

I have a tear drop (little guy) can I bring it or are you at rally area where no trailers allowed ?
Camping there this weekend on trailer ridge

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Anyone monitoring this thread ? Coming up this weekend ?
Seadog... Sorry for the slow response...this week has been hectic trying to get everything ready for this weekend. You can text me directly for faster reply 765-513-8032 Everything is still a go for this weekend. I will be arriving between noon and 1pm tomorrow. We are at Rally Camp #1. If you want to camp where the trailers are allowed that is fine! Make sure to join us to hang out though!

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I'm not going to camp...other stuff going on this weekend too...I'm going to drive up Saturday morning...what time should I get there in the morning?