Overland Bound - Midwest meet (completed, watch for the next meet)

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

****UPDATE****
Here is a link to the Rally Point event, please RSVP on there and on the Facebook event (if you're on FB) and also, the kml map file of the route for Saturday Aug 12th is in the Rally Point event and is downloadable. (The kml file has the route planned but doesn't have them in order, working on fixing that)

Coordinates to the check in office (according to Google, so take it with a grain of salt)
  • 39.16741, -86.21704

OK, so the venue has been set for Brown County State Park in southern Indiana. Dates are August 11, 12th and 13th. Staying 2 nights. Since this is a state park it is more developed camping than I like, but hey...there is bathrooms on the premises haha. Camping is $10 per night at the gate. They also charge an entrance fee of $7 for in state or $9 for out of state residents.. I already took pre-payment from 5 people since that was the minimum to make the reservations. If you want to prepay, message me..otherwise you will pay at the gate.

We will have some short hikes planned, some backroad exploring and just some good ole campfire-sitting-marshmallow-cookin'-fun. Questions? Just ask. I will include a link to the Brown County State Park website so you can see what there is. I will update this post as plans for routes are finalized. I am super excited to host this event and we hope for a big turnout.

link to the State Park site: http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2988.htm

Last edited:

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

We plan on doing the Covered Bridge Loop, or part of it anyways. Most all the roads are completely do-able in 2wd vehicles. I'll attach some pictures of last time in the area, keep in mind this is after a heavy rain so it likely won't be this bad- still may have some light water crossings.
Here is one photo, i'll add more soon.

_RLS0464.JPG

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know as we get a bit closer. Wife isn't on board with camping yet, so may end up just coming up for a day trip.

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I would like to do this, but my current work schedule has me working two of the three days. That may change in the future, so I will have to wait and see.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know as we get a bit closer. Wife isn't on board with camping yet, so may end up just coming up for a day trip.

This is more of a developed campgrounds, there may even be air conditioned cabins near by.

GreenMachine02

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Oakwood, Ohio
Member #

So I am going to be out. Wish I could make it but life is happening!

A buddy of mine and I are planning on getting out there later in August. Would you be able to let me know how it goes? See if I can follow the route you end up taking!

My schedule opens up a lot in November, and would love to do a winter trip or two.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

So I am going to be out. Wish I could make it but life is happening!

A buddy of mine and I are planning on getting out there later in August. Would you be able to let me know how it goes? See if I can follow the route you end up taking!

My schedule opens up a lot in November, and would love to do a winter trip or two.
Yeah.. once I finish a trip route I'll post it up. I'm gonna start on it next week.

Reactions: Tinker

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I'm putting it on my calendar. Will be in Red River Gorge the weekend before, so will have to head up after work Friday or Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Awesome!! I'll see ya there.. If you have any questions, PM me on here, Facebook or text me 765-513-8032 (Seldom answer calls due to work but will return text)

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Well, I think I will make the 7 hour drive (Each way) to do this... I need to meet some folks. I just kinda worry nobody else from this side of the region will make it.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Well, I think I will make the 7 hour drive (Each way) to do this... I need to meet some folks. I just kinda worry nobody else from this side of the region will make it.
Awesome!! Glad to hear you'll be there! Very much looking forward to this event. The numbers of attendees is growing substantially.