Overland Bound Land Between The Lakes Trip - 09/14/2018

• HTML tutorial

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Many of us will come in Friday afternoon and leave Sunday morning but others come anywhere in between that time. There are no set times for anything, no planned trail rides or sight seeing tours, no assigned camping, no one to tell you when you can or can't wheel, how loud you can be or when to go to bed. Show up at Neville Bay whenever you can and enjoy yourself. Now this goes without saying but I do expect for everyone to respect the park and the rules they have laid out and obviously respect each other. This park is huge with thousands of acres of land to explore. Talk to folks and see who wants to do what. Some people want to play in mud holes, some want to sight see, some want to head to the gun range and fire off some rounds. Get in where you fit in.

The area is all primitive camping with undefined sites, vault toilet, and trash removal. No established campsites but you will see some rock fire pits throughout the area. Basic/dispersed camping permit is required which costs $7 per person over 18 years of age and allows for three consecutive days of camping (or $30 for an annual pass to all of Land Between The Lakes).

View Rally Point

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

So, who all is heading up to LBL on Friday?
I should be up there sometime Friday night, depends on how my day goes next Thursday. Waiting to see if the ATF gets my forms back in time to know what I'm doing Saturday. :)

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Wish I could be there...it's the same weekend as Kentucky Kickdown in Louisville KY...my club Louisville Vintage Motorworks is putting on and I'm volunteered all weekend. If you plan another trip in the future to LBL or some where else in the region I'd love to come.

Airranger84

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Roberto
Last Name
Rodz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4FTS
Service Branch
ARMY
Not this time. But I am interested in joining the group for another gathering in the near future. Let’s start thinking about a convoy to Overland Expo East in a few weeks. Have fun this coming weekend.