Outlander Sport from WA!

• HTML tutorial

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Hey everyone! I have been a long time reader and decided to finally sign up. My wife and I are avid campers and trail users and have been building up our Mitsubishi Outlander Sport into a mild overland/camping rig. It is definitely not the most likely choice for a vehicle but has great capabilities and killer gas mileage...for now :) I owned a 2006 Nissan Xterra for many years that was awesome for overloading but sold it not too long ago. So far on the car we have a custom front bumper, Jeep Cherokee fully working snorkel. 15" wheels with 235/75 AT's, fender flares and I will be starting a rear tire carrier/bumper this weekend. Soon to be is a mild lift and a few other goodies. I plan to make a build page soon to go over more details and upcoming work..UNADJUSTEDRAW_thumb_150e.jpg UNADJUSTEDRAW_thumb_1503.jpg Hope to see you out on the trail!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone! I have been a long time reader and decided to finally sign up. My wife and I are avid campers and trail users and have been building up our Mitsubishi Outlander Sport into a mild overland/camping rig. It is definitely not the most likely choice for a vehicle but has great capabilities and killer gas mileage...for now :) I owned a 2006 Nissan Xterra for many years that was awesome for overloading but sold it not too long ago. So far on the car we have a custom front bumper, Jeep Cherokee fully working snorkel. 15" wheels with 235/75 AT's, fender flares and I will be starting a rear tire carrier/bumper this weekend. Soon to be is a mild lift and a few other goodies. I plan to make a build page soon to go over more details and upcoming work..View attachment 64455 View attachment 64456 Hope to see you out on the trail!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew ....great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures.

Reactions: Overland_Mitsu

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome neighbor! Your Outlander is perfect proof that Overlanding isn't about owning a stereotypical overland rig... it is about taking something that has potential and making it fit your needs and get you out there.

We, several of the NW Washington Overland Bound members are having a meetup on August 22, 2018 in Alger, WA. We would love to see you there! More info can be found here.

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Thanks all for the welcome! We will for sure try and make it out to the meet up on the 22nd. Would be great to check out some other rigs! I started phase 1 of the rear yesterday. I trimmed the bumper cover and cleaned up some things that were back there. I am try to decide if I want to ditch the stock rear bumper bar and build a complete tube style bumper/carrier like the front or keep the stock rear bar and build off of that. It unbolts with 6 big bolts which is nice. I was thinking about making sliders, but honestly they'd never be used like intended. Just a cosmetic thing but that would add unneeded weight.....

IMG_7005.JPG

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Welcome! That is the most aggressive Outlander I've ever seen. More aggressive than a modified EVO haha. Super awesome build!!! Cant wait to see more.

Reactions: Graeman and Jedi

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Ok, finally some shots of the rear bumper project! I still need to order a hinge and either make or buy a wheel plate. I will be using a stout T handle bolt latch to keep it really tight. I also need to get a matching spare! This little 190/60-16 looks a little odd :laughing:
I will then most likely just bed line all of it. I still want to brace the bottom bar more to match the front a bit and I am not set on the new exhaust location side exit...I may move it back to a rear exit. I also need to weld on some end caps to the tubing. I should probably get new plates soon, haha.

New rear bumper without carrier
IMG_7022.JPG
Bumper with carrier
IMG_7042.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I have been a long time reader and decided to finally sign up. My wife and I are avid campers and trail users and have been building up our Mitsubishi Outlander Sport into a mild overland/camping rig. It is definitely not the most likely choice for a vehicle but has great capabilities and killer gas mileage...for now :) I owned a 2006 Nissan Xterra for many years that was awesome for overloading but sold it not too long ago. So far on the car we have a custom front bumper, Jeep Cherokee fully working snorkel. 15" wheels with 235/75 AT's, fender flares and I will be starting a rear tire carrier/bumper this weekend. Soon to be is a mild lift and a few other goodies. I plan to make a build page soon to go over more details and upcoming work..View attachment 64455 View attachment 64456 Hope to see you out on the trail!
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
What is the square thing under the right rear light and what is the round cover on the left front fender?

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
What is the square thing under the right rear light and what is the round cover on the left front fender?
The square under the rear light is a vent/louvre I installed. Had an extra one from another project and wanted to throw another one on similar to the front.

The cover by the snorkel is my “ f$&@“ cover when I realized I accidentally drilled my snorkel hole 3”s too far [emoji58]. There’s another cover on the right side that is keeping a crack together. We hit a deer in this car in April at 50 mph and totally screwed up the front. One of the other reasons for this build and new bumper!

Reactions: Graeman