Bondster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

KY
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Bond
Just arrived in Corolla last night and I'm wanting to ride on the beach. Where us the best place to start and what are some must do's while we're here.

Reactions: Gen5Runner

RPDjeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton, NC
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Foran
Member #

You can drive on the beach in Corolla. That is the area with the wild horses. You do not need a permit to drive out there but I know during peak season you need a permit to park on the beach, may not be required this time of the year. The beaches in Nags Head and Kitty Hawk are also open to vehicles this time a year but a permit is required.

Bondster

Rank I

Enthusiast I

KY
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Bond
You can drive on the beach in Corolla. That is the area with the wild horses. You do not need a permit to drive out there but I know during peak season you need a permit to park on the beach, may not be required this time of the year. The beaches in Nags Head and Kitty Hawk are also open to vehicles this time a year but a permit is required.
Just finished riding Corolla beach. That was an awesome ride. Probably should have aired down a lot more than I did.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Just finished riding Corolla beach. That was an awesome ride. Probably should have aired down a lot more than I did.
Depending on how dry it’s been that sand gets crazy soft. I was down this year during a long hot/dry stretch and there were vehicles stuck all over. Conversely after a nice rain you could drive to Carova in a FWD minivan haha.