Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Going to make a trip to the Ouray area in the 80 series 7/31 and looking for suggestions on Disperse camping sites in the area. Any info would be greatly appreciated

baggio16

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Minneapolis, MN
Member #

Mineral Creek area (south of Ouray) had some great spots. Halfway up Imogene was an incredible spot. There's some stuff a little ways up on the way to Engineer Pass. Along Dexter Creek just north of Ouray too. There's a bunch of spots up by Angel Creek Campground area. Just got back from there, so I'm still daydreaming about it. Ha.

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Looking forward to your trip report as my wife and I will be making a trip to Telluride in September for the Blues and Brews fest and currently plan on traversing the Imogene Pass and other routes in the area.

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Had a great trip-- Camped in Buena Vista on 7/31 then at Ridgeway National Park on 8/1 then on the Last Dollar Trail above Telluride on 8/2. Fantastic weather and trails in the area-- We had 5 people on the trip and used the RTT and hammocks.... Fantastic time bridal falls.JPGcamp 2 trip 2.JPGcamp fire trip 2.JPGhammock trip 2.JPGridgeway camp.JPGyankee boy.JPG

Pootie

Rank 0

Contributor I

Coloradie
First Name
Seanie
Last Name
ONeill
Had a great trip-- Camped in Buena Vista on 7/31 then at Ridgeway National Park on 8/1 then on the Last Dollar Trail above Telluride on 8/2. Fantastic weather and trails in the area-- We had 5 people on the trip and used the RTT and hammocks.... Fantastic time View attachment 111097View attachment 111098View attachment 111099View attachment 111100View attachment 111101View attachment 111102
great trip! what are to coordinates of your camp spot on Last Dollar Road? Looking to include that spot on our trip next weekend.