Our TaxaOutdoor Woolly Bear Camp Trailer and our adventures!

• HTML tutorial

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Ok, installed the Wild Coast Tent onto the WoollyBear trailer. First impressions of the tent are that it is a very high quality tent. The fabric is very thick. It came with two flys, one with windows the other without. The annex is great for extra room, my tent is just mounted a little low so the annex gathers at the bottom. Easy to put together. Has the checker plate bottom like a ruggedized tepui.
Mattress is just over 3” think and seems a little softer than the 2” that was in my tepui. Maybe I won’t need the topper?
Zippers seem to be very heavy duty.
There are 4 bunnies that you hook from side to side inside before packing up to help keep the fabric in when folding. Nice feature!

I had some questions today, Saturday while setting up and emailed peter at Wild Coast and he answered me right away.

I will make more comments once we use it.
Couple of driveway shots before I pack it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ozzie H and Hafaday

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Went on a couple of short trips the last two weeks. First was a night at the BC Overland Rally at Sasquatch Mountain in the Hemlock Valley British Columbia. My first Overland Rally (not my last) and it was great to see all the vendors and people with the same interests. Took my new Wrangler JLU Rubicon in the tech course and it was amazing!! Here are a few pics:

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

A few pics from the drive home from the BCOR.

Reactions: Hafaday

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

And this past weekend we did a test run with the kids. We have a 10 day trip thru Washington and Oregon next month so we need to see how everything fit. It was tight and we need to cut back. We only had 2 of the three kids. And now we have a dog, so looks like the Jeep won’t be doing the trip and we will use the Mazda CX-9 with a roof pod. Just can’t cram 2 adults, 3 kids, a dog, and heat into a Jeep. That’s ok. It will be a fun trip either way.
Some pics from our weekend. Note our new luxurious bathroom!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180724/2b3b32ee62bfa277ead44dc5cfc428ff.20180724/9bd98981e7e5d1b9023a3a93982e34a9.jpg

Reactions: Hafaday

WmB

Rank II

Contributor III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Burgin
Member #

Are you still enjoying your WB? I’m a Scout leader and we are camping at least once a month - and I’d like something to pull that keeps my gear at the ready. I’d like *some* home items, but have been largely looking for a chuck-box on wheels. This seems to do it. A couple of questions: Are water cans easy to find / fit / lift from the middle spot? How many fit along with a bottle of propane? What gear have you NOT been able to fit that you’d otherwise like to?

kchan628

Rank 0

Contributor I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Chan
Hey, any thoughts about adding a break controller? I don't know about the 2017 model but the 2020 model comes with electric brakes but no brake controller.