Our TaxaOutdoor Woolly Bear Camp Trailer and our adventures!

• HTML tutorial

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

IMG_2697.JPG IMG_2687.JPG IMG_2695.JPG IMG_2697.JPG IMG_2698.JPG IMG_2700.JPG IMG_2703.JPG IMG_2707.JPG fullsizeoutput_15a4.jpeg We went out on our first camping trip in our new TaxaOutdoors Woolly Bear Camp trailer.
First off, it tows perfectly behind my JKU - it is a little narrower, but you Don't even notice it behind the trailer.
The LED marker lights and tail lights are very bright and noticeable.

The trailer is only 10 feet long total - very easy to back it up - and to move around by hand - only 580lbs with the RTT.

We arrived in our camp on the Shuswap lake in BC. Very heavy and active mosquitos due to our very wet spring! The Tepui RTT set up in about 5 minutes total. The full kitchen set up was done in another 5 minutes. Seriously, I was cooking and completely set up in ten minutes.
I love the LED lights in each compartment.
We made a list of things we would like to add for our next trip. But we did pretty good - we had 90% of what we needed and still plenty of room. The only thing in the jeep was our clothing. And there was 4 of us. The kids slept in a 6 man tent, which was also stored in the trailer.

I love it so far and am looking forward to the next nights I can get out in it.

Last edited:

W4P

Rank III

Advocate II

Sudbury
Great rig! Did cook come as accessory?lucky you bc mosquitoes!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Our trip this year is to the B.C. Coast. Should i invest in citronella candles or a flamethrower....?
I don't think the Mosquitos will be as bad if you are right down on the coast. It isn't as hot as the Okanogan and Shuswap area and you'll also have the breeze that helps keep them away. But if you are in the forest, be prepared. Lots of standing water from the rain means more skeeters!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Great set up
Thanks!
We are excited about it and getting out more.
Short term it will just be weekend trips this year. We have a wedding in August, so that dominates the available time. Next year we will definitely go to the BC Overland Rally as well as the NW rally. And get in some real Overlanding

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Just added a much needed shelf to the large storage compartment on our WoollyBear Camp trailer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GABEHERNANDEZ

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

We took off for the BC day long weekend and headed south into Washington State. Had the trailer loaded with food, 12 gallons of water, a 4 man dingy, and the bike rack with 2 bikes and we did about 800km of driving and she towed like a champ!
First night we arrived and it was 11pm and ended up just flipping the RTT open while still hitched to the jeep and going to sleep.

The next morning we got set up for the weekend, and I gotta say, I love the versatility of the trailer. The kitchen set up is great with the stainless steel counter. We use the compartment right below that for dry food as well as mixing bowls etc. And i crammed so much into the main storage area. The jeep was empty with the exception of our clothing.
I must have had 6 different people come up and ask questions about the trailer and the RTT........do you sleep up there? Lol
A few pics! Can't wait till the next trip!

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Last weekend we did a one nighter in pull off area from the highway! Wife (just got married) was totally into doing this. We set up the tent at 11:45 pm and were sleeping in less than 7 minutes. Woke up in what was a parking lot for a wildlife park just off the highway in Oliver BC. There was an amazing sun rise as we packed up and prepared for our day of touring wineries!! Awesome!!

Reactions: MidwestTim

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

After we finished our tour of some wineries, we decided to head home on the east side of Okanogan Lake from Naramata to Kelowna via the Chute Lake FSR and then down onto the KVR trail. It was amazing. Some fantastic views. We discovered an old "resort" at Chute Lake. Right out of the 60's. We have been in an extreme fire hazard in southern bc this summer, so we took care to not go too fast causing any kind of spark. It's so dry in our back country right now.
We had a great time exploring and the first time we had the Woolly Bear of the paved roads. She performed very well!