• HTML tutorial

RickyWrangler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Toronto
Member #

Welcome and wave from Toronto!
I did half of the route (to Oompah), looking to finish it one day. It's a very nice route, especially in October with the fall colours.

Wow, thanks! This gives me an idea of what to expect! Appreciate it!

jeep670

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Oh.. I'm ashamed to almost forget to mention that the track is courtesy of Ted from GravelTravel. That guy is becoming a legend for the Canadian Overland scene. The black truck ahead of me in the video is his baby.

RickyWrangler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Toronto
Member #

Great information.. We love heading north and have been to Gaspe' twice in the past 25 years and am aching to go back up again.
Where’s Gaspe’? Is it similar to this trail? Or is that another name for this trail? Lol, sorry!

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Where’s Gaspe’? Is it similar to this trail? Or is that another name for this trail? Lol, sorry!
Hmm, I went to the linked web-site and saw the Gaspe' peninsula trip map on there. Unfortunately no map was to be found on the Ottawa Valley route, which I am interested in doing one day as a part of getting near Waltham PQ, where my cousin spends his summers. It starts at the border, I'm guessing near Cornwall? Johnston or Cornwall would be ideal places to cross as the Thousand Isle crossing can sometimes really suck.

Baipin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I went last April. It's one of my favourite routes!

Only thing I'd be wary of is that this spot sometimes floods. I think it's just after 0:19 in the video from @jeep670 (I assume he's going North). On the way down (going North) it was a bit worse than in the photo below (going South), though granted, I was headed down when the Ottawa River flooding/rainstorms were picking up.

1572394622020.png

I did this in a SJ XT Forester - completely stock aside from the tires, and it looks like someone in that video did as well! It offers a fairly relaxing, very beautiful drive through marshland and forest. Just be aware of underwater logs. I have a big dent in my skid plate to remind me of one. :laughing:

I remember walking along the start of this route, as a kid. Did that whenever I'd visit my grandparents in Prescott. I believe in their day it was a CN railway. Fun memories!