First Name
Matt
Last Name
Zoll
Member #

Service Branch
Fmr. Law Enforcement
Good evening everyone!

I have been away from the off-road community for a while now due to some career changes and life events. However, your passions will always call you home and we are home folks. I am located in the Eugene, Oregon area and am looking forward to getting out traveling some trails this summer. After seeing a notification on a 2 year old thread, I figured it was time to start a new one.

There are some trails near Oakridge that absolutely amazing but need some clearing and would love some help doing so. Most of these are just forest roads and nothing technical. I love travelling up to Brown's Camp on occasion and tentatively planned to go on the 9th of May. I have seen several other Oregon Overland Bound Members wanting to do Oregon Back Country Discovery Route trip. This has always interested me and would to make the trip.

I am open to traveling to meet other members, but with gas prices, hopefully not too far. I am terrible about jumping on this forum. If anyone is interested please reply to this thread or shoot me a DM

Last edited:
Reactions: Big G and Kent R

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Not much to add but I would definitely pull your phone number from the post and handle that in DMs... lots of crawlers out there scraping popular sites for 10 digit numbers for whatever purposes.

Reactions: M Rose

Cement Tacoma 541

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Eugene, Oregon, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Zoll
Member #

Service Branch
Fmr. Law Enforcement
Not much to add but I would definitely pull your phone number from the post and handle that in DMs... lots of crawlers out there scraping popular sites for 10 digit numbers for whatever purposes.
Noted, terrible world we live in

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good evening everyone!

I have been away from the off-road community for a while now due to some career changes and life events. However, your passions will always call you home and we are home folks. I am located in the Eugene, Oregon area and am looking forward to getting out traveling some trails this summer. After seeing a notification on a 2 year old thread, I figured it was time to start a new one.

There are some trails near Oakridge that absolutely amazing but need some clearing and would love some help doing so. Most of these are just forest roads and nothing technical. I love travelling up to Brown's Camp on occasion and tentatively planned to go on the 9th of May. I have seen several other Oregon Overland Bound Members wanting to do Oregon Back Country Discovery Route trip. This has always interested me and would to make the trip.

I am open to traveling to meet other members, but with gas prices, hopefully not too far. I am terrible about jumping on this forum. If anyone is interested please reply to this thread or shoot me a DM
You might put out a Rally Point and see how the attendance goes.

Sunbum

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Barbour
Member #

I am also in Eugene and would be open to getting together and talk about some trips.

Bob Wohlers

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Grants Pass, OR
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Wohlers
Member #

I live in southern Oregon and definitely wouldn’t mind traveling a bit to meet up. A group of us did part of route 2 on OBD and it was a lot of fun.
Bob

QUOTE="Cement Tacoma 541, post: 613945, member: 49486"]Good evening everyone!

I am open to traveling to meet other members, but with gas prices, hopefully not too far. I am terrible about jumping on this forum. If anyone is interested please reply to this thread or shoot me a DM[/QUOTE]

Spectre7599

Rank II

Contributor III

Roseburg, OR, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Alcock
Member #

I'm in Roseburg and getting out on some trips would be cool. Is anyone planning on going to the NW Overland Rally this year?

Spectre7599

Rank II

Contributor III

Roseburg, OR, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Alcock
Member #

Spectre7599

Rank II

Contributor III

Roseburg, OR, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Alcock
Member #

Spectre7599

Rank II

Contributor III

Roseburg, OR, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Alcock
Member #

Holding out?
I personally don’t have the money or time to go to both events… most people I have been talking to are going to the Expo due to the way Ray treated us in years past.
I've never had issues with the rally, but I have 2 other trips to Washington in June. I haven't decided if I'm going to the expo yet. It sounds like it will be pretty cool though. I'm also in the middle of a couple of builds.

Cement Tacoma 541

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Eugene, Oregon, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Zoll
Member #

Service Branch
Fmr. Law Enforcement
I want to get an idea of how many people would be interested in doing a camping trip out to either the painted hills area or China Hat in Central Oregon. Throw some dates out and we can all see what works