Oregon beach driving question.

• HTML tutorial

TronYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rhododendron, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all. Wanting to go to the Oregon coast and drive/camp on the beach for the new year. Going to go to the Umpqua sand camping site and hope to drive the 10 mile stretch of beach starting in Warrenton as well. My question is that since I don’t plan on going to the dunes, Do I still need a flag on my rig??

Chris Arnesen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hillsboro, OR
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Arnesen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KU7PDX
Someone else can correct me if needed, but I'm fairly sure that flags are only required in the OHV riding areas. Since the sand camp sites are in the OHV riding areas, I would assume that a flag is required.

The beach driving in Warrenton and Long Beach aren't OHV riding areas (highway vehicles only), so no flags are required there.

Reactions: RainGoat

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Someone else can correct me if needed, but I'm fairly sure that flags are only required in the OHV riding areas. Since the sand camp sites are in the OHV riding areas, I would assume that a flag is required.

The beach driving in Warrenton and Long Beach aren't OHV riding areas (highway vehicles only), so no flags are required there.
Sounds right to me.l!

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
i tend to frequent a small little beach next to 7 devils near bandon. its called whiskey run, and i have not seen anyone with a flag out there running around. all kinds of folks there, wind surfers, kite flyers, gold panners, and oddly enough golfers too. so i think your just fine, but it doesnt hurt to have one

Reactions: CJ Adventure Oregon