Order of operations

• HTML tutorial

collinrach22

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisiana
Member #

So I am trying to create a list of items in an order that I think is correct for my 2004 SHAKArunner. So far we have...

2004 4Runner SR5 V6
Toy tech ultimate 3” suspension lift
Demello off-road front no bull loop bumper
Our Gobi stealth rack (supposed to be shipped this March.)
Firestone MT 285
SCS 17 wheels

Currently things that I know we will want to get based on our trips so far is...

General tire AT2 or X3(any personal experience with road noise please let me know!)
Smittybilt X20 10k synthetic line winch
RCI rock sliders
RCI Full steel skid plates
Spidertrax 1.25” spacers x4
RIGD ultra swing tire carrier

I have been racking my brain with what order to go in and am asking for help from you all. Any input is great thanks.

Share Aloha

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hey there, I can relate to your predicament. lol. I currently have a wish list for my jeep and constantly battle with which part to buy first. I have an excel sheet full of parts, prices and website links to click and buy.

what has helped me is looking at the prices, and buying piece by piece based on what I feel like I need to spend that month. also, after I made my list, when looking at what to buy, I realized that some things were more of a "want" than a "need"

so I would base it off of what you need first, then the wants come later.

I try to categorize them based on whats important (IMO)
1. getting out there (what will you need for your rig to be able to get to where you want to go)
2. recovery gear
3. protection
4. the good stuff (what makes life on the trail easier)
5. the "thatd be cool to have" stuff

but to answer your question. if I was looking at your list, and I was planning on "needing" everything for an apparently hardcore trip. lol I would go with

tires (if you have the time before your trip, and life left on your current tires, id get these after the winch)
winch
skids
sliders
tire carrier
spacers (if you need them, on trails, wider isn't always better)

I hope this helps. Happy trails!

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Do you need or just want wheel spacers? The added weight and size of our tires puts a bit of strain on our steering system and wheel bearings. Driving on dirt roads hammers these things and it gets worst when you change to larger heavier tires. Adding spacers amplifies this also, your steering pivots on your ball joints. Moving the wheels out causes the tires to "swing" instead of pivot. If you need them for tire clearance, you need to rethink your wheel offset.

Scott

Jeepjk16

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

I have a list very similar to this. It's titled as our "Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Edition" and it lists our needs, wants, cool stuff and what has been purchased. We're currently at 4.7K now and it just continues to grow from there. Remember that this is not a sprint but a marathon. You have to embrace and absorb everything around you in life and not just let it go by.