Launch Member

Member I

Torrance, CA 90505, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Stamer
Member #

I have a 2017 Tacoma Off Road and I would like to add an onboard air system. I'm currently leaning towards a Viair 425C dual compressor system with a 2.5 gallon tank. Has anyone installed a similar system (dual compressors and tank) on a Tacoma? Where did you locate the components?

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I have a Viair single with the two gallon tank on my '16 Tacoma. I don't remember the model, but it's a 1/4 duty pump.
I have the pump mounted in the small void next to the firewall on the passenger side in the engine compartment. I made a custom aluminum plate to pick up existing holes/ studs. I mounted the pump to the plate with an isolation system to try and keep the noise down. It sort of works.

The tank I have nested in the passenger side frame rail and held in place with large hose clamps. Since the hose is a little close to the exhaust, I covered it with aluminum tape as a heat shield.

taliv

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
not tacoma specific, as mine is in an AEV Prospector, but i had my viair dual compressor + tank mounted to some sheet metal, along with the gauges, fuses, regulators and an anderson connector. it simply sits in the bed and is easily removed if i need to put something else in the bed OR, if i want to let another vehicle use it, or use it from my trailer, etc. the only thing i installed in my truck, is a cable from the batteries with an anderson connector on it, so i can hook it up whenever. i also have a cable with anderson on one end and jumper cable style clips on the other, so i can run it off the starter battery of any other vehicle without mods.