Contributor III

Loveland, Colorado, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Schueller
Member #

Hey folks!!

I've got a smittybilt air compressor en route that I'll be hard mounting. My question is, where is your chuck located where you'd connect your air line to?

I've seen a few in the front/rear bumpers (both of mine are aftermarket, so I could hide something there), in the fender well (with the amount of snow I usually drive in, I don't want it there), and under the vehicle (again, with the amount of snow and mud I usually encounter, I know it wont be a prime location for me.

Where do you have your air line hook up located?

TIA,

Seth

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
My 4Runner has front and rear air chucks so that I don't need a long hose to fill the tires. Both chucks are mounted under the bumper where they are easy to access, protected from rocks, and don't get too much spray from the tires. I put rubber caps over them to keep out dirt and grime.

I'd recommend putting a ball valve on the compressor side of the longest run so you can "turn off" that hose if it gets a hole. For example, on my truck the compressor is mounted in the back so the hose to the rear chuck is just 2-3 feet, but the hose to the front chuck is 10+ feet. One time on a trip near Mono Lake I blew a hole in the front air line and had to do emergency re-plumbing. Since then I've added a valve on the front air line that so if it gets damaged again I can just shut it off.

Reactions: RickLB and mrseth