Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Rig: 2015 4Runner Trail "Mad Max" with mods done in early 2020 (lift, hitch, switch pro, lights, etc.). Just recently added the Devil Horns, and storage in the trunk. See pics below.
Overland Experience: Humble Novice with some awkward moments :)

First memories of overlanding was with my Dad while vacationing in Sub-Saharan Africa when I was a kid. Loved it!. Still use some of those experiences today. Love the outdoors -- from camping to hiking to canoeing -- all the better if one can go off grid with a rig.

Attachments

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Rig: 2015 4Runner Trail "Mad Max" with mods done in early 2020 (lift, hitch, switch pro, lights, etc.). Just recently added the Devil Horns, and storage in the trunk. See pics below.

First memories of overlanding was with my Dad while vacationing in Sub-Saharan Africa when I was a kid. Loved it!. Still use some of those experiences today. Love the outdoors -- from camping to hiking to canoeing -- all the better if one can go off grid with a rig.
Welcome Paula, really like those wheels color matched to the molle panels.!

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Welcome Paula, really like those wheels color matched to the molle panels.!
Thanks! Yeah! Love those wheels!

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

The Devils Horns are impressive, welcome from the Kootenays.

We lived in Yellowknife for 10 years, used to love the arrival of spring .... in May.

View attachment 171892
Awww thank you. I lived in Yellowknife as well (2015 to 2019 while working at Diavik). Loved it! Loved the Ingraham Trail, Cameron Falls, etc. Used to drive from Okotoks to Yellowknife during that period. It is amazing the drive up there (brought a group of Albertans on a road trip as well back in 2018). We also went to the Salt Plains. What an amazing area.

I did the Dempster Highway in 2016, but couldn’t go further than the Peel River Crossing because of the floods (actually camped by the river hoping the ferry would open, but unfortunately it did not). Was heading up this year, but Covid changed that. Will try next year, this time all the way to Tuk. Will organize it as a 2021 Rally Event as soon as I get my membership request approved

Have you joined any Rally Events?