GordyP

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Pomp
Confirmed. SD33 and TD42 are one of its kind in-line 6 engines. First installed in american INTERLATIONAL HARVESTER SCOUT in numbers of 6500 units and NISSAN PATROL from 80's all over the world. Second in legendary NISSAN PATROL Y60 immortal engine
Started in 76 as naturally aspirated and then switched to turbo version for the last 3 years of production. The 1980 model year was the bulk of the diesels right before they shut it down.

Reactions: Ralph

Monty_moose_gen2

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Vaughan
Member #

She's not ancient.... but she's almost 30...lol

97 Mitsubishi Montero. It's my daily driver and family truckster. So far just a few basic changes have been made. Best investment so far has been the upgraded tires (31x10.5x15) that are much improved over the stock passenger car type.

Attachments

jmsuitter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso TX
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Suitter
Member #

WilhelmB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

12 Grandview Drive, Redbank Plains Queensland, Australia
First Name
Will
Last Name
Beaver
Member #

ran this as a daily in the 90's. had to put it in storage when the clutch wore out. i had it for years intending to restore it one day. Unfortunately it was destroyed in a fire about 5 years ago. it was a 1975 series III ex Australian Army, fitted for radio recon vehicle. very cool. i recieved a small insurance payout but would of perferred to still have the old girl. sorry for the poor photo, no digital back then.
708F02DA-14CD-4DD4-905A-E7ED9DD639A9.JPG