Rank III

Traveler III

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Strohbehn
Member #

Has anyone done Old Dale road from 29 palms to Joshua tree national park. Looking into running it in November. And wondering how trail was looking lately newest video I've seen so far is 2 years old.

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

I haven’t done it recently, but it is generally a fairly easy trail. Any stock 4x4 shouldn’t have a problem. That is a great area, with a lot to explore. I’ve been going out there for years, and every time I go out there, I still find something new to me.

Reactions: Jstrohbehn87

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Terrible, Horrible, Stay away, nothing to see, stay in JP Park itself and never ever ever go east out of the park and look at all the old mine ruins, cars, building and trails out that way :)
Just kidding, tons to trails to play on besides Old Dale if you have the time

Reactions: Jstrohbehn87

Jstrohbehn87

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Strohbehn
Member #

I haven’t done it recently, but it is generally a fairly easy trail. Any stock 4x4 shouldn’t have a problem. That is a great area, with a lot to explore. I’ve been going out there for years, and every time I go out there, I still find something new to me.
I would like to explore there more. I'd really like to check out some of the mines.

Jstrohbehn87

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Strohbehn
Member #

Terrible, Horrible, Stay away, nothing to see, stay in JP Park itself and never ever ever go east out of the park and look at all the old mine ruins, cars, building and trails out that way :)
Just kidding, tons to trails to play on besides Old Dale if you have the time
Haha I've been to the park a few times. Great park. Definitely want to explore more.

I was stationed in 29 palms for 4 years and never had time to check anything out.

Errant

Rank I

Enthusiast I

California, USA
First Name
Kristina
Last Name
Price
I was there in March and the trail looked good. Stock vehicle with decent clearance and tires should be fine... and then I remembered having to wait for a Jeep Renegade recovery :o tempImageR62qT2.png