Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Atwood
Member #

Anyone have any leads on BLM or other roads just outside OKC we could go to? Not looking for off-roading styles just miss driving around in the desert out west.....

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I have routes planned from a Jeep event I use to put on. I am planning on doing an event for OB but things in life just haven't lined out like they need to.... and before long it will be cold.

3rd_Degree_Adv

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mustang, OK
First Name
R
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Anyone have any leads on BLM or other roads just outside OKC we could go to? Not looking for off-roading styles just miss driving around in the desert out west.....
Unfortunately there are no BLM lands in OK. At least nothing near central OK, I can't remember if Black Kettle is considered BLM or just public use.

You might look up the Oklahoma Adventure Trail (OAT). It is a state loop that is mostly backroads, except were asphalt is needed to cross rivers and such. Although it doesn't come through OKC, it has been fun for us to take back roads and link up to the OAT for a few days of exploring and camping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Threads

OkieDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Guthrie, Oklahoma
Member #

I did the Great Plains Trail this past Spring. I specifically did Gloss Mtn loop, Cimarron Loop and Black Kettle Loop. Most sections were dirt roads, the Black Kettle Loop was the most "rustic" section but I really enjoyed all of it. I camped at Canton Lake and did them over two days. Here's a web site that gives you an overview, but there another site with GPS tracks, can't put my hands on it right now, but it's out there somewhere. Great Plains Trail of Oklahoma