US Midwest Ohio Valley Overland's Trans Hoosier Overland Route (T.H.O.R.)

• HTML tutorial

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

BE ADVISED THE DATES HAVE CHANGED FOR THIS EVENT.
Because of input from many people outside of the OB community that are attending the dates have been change to accommodate others.

The trip will begin at Buzzard Roost Recreational Area in the Hoosier National Forest and travels unpaved county roads all the way to The Indiana Dunes on Lake Michigan. The trip is designed to highlight many of the things that make Indiana a very special place. It is not a straight shot but a meandering route that stops at many historic, geological, culturally significance and quirky waypoints along the way. We will incorporate the natural resources of the Hoosier state by camping at many out of the way state parks. We will visit three off-road parks for those who want to flex their rigs a little more than others. There will be opportunities for volunteer work along the way to provide those that like a little stewardship with their adventuring. There will be opportunities for fishing, hiking, biking, kayaking and motorcycling as well. We will be stopping by the Hi Lift factory in Bloomfield for a tour as well.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

As some of you know I am a teacher in Jefferson County Kentucky. If you have been following the news out of Kentucky you will realize that teachers have been locked in a 3 year battle with our Governor over our pensions. Over this semester teachers have stages 6 days so far of sick outs. These sick outs have caused the school year to be extended. How is this relevant to you? Well it has caused me to have to move the dates of the inaugural running of the THOR twice already. I know many of you have planned your vacation times around this event. Because of my contractual agreement with the district I must stay in school until the last day. I regret that I will have to move the official running of the THOR to June 15-19. I realize this is a major inconvenience for many. If you would still like to run the THOR the weekend of June 8-12 I will release the route on June 7th as originally planned so that you can still keep your plans. I will be at Buzzard Roost on the 8th to meet and greet and host the first sections of the THOR from Buzzard Roost to Interlake and back. Then on Sunday I will lead the next leg of the Route to Redbird. On June 14 I will be at Buzzard Roost to lead the full trip. For those that will be able to reschedule I hope it will be worth the wait. Please understand that this situation is out of my control. I have provided to link to a news article about the situation. I appreciate the trust people have put into me for this trip and apologize once again. I can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t wait to finally meet all those that have been corresponding with over the last few months.
Thanks, Jason

For more information email:
contact@ohiovalleyoverland.com

View Rally Point
Last edited:

CrewmaxTRDRockWarrior

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
BE ADVISED THE DATES HAVE CHANGED FOR THIS EVENT.
Because of input from many people outside of the OB community that are attending the dates have been change to accommodate others.

The trip will begin at Buzzard Roost Recreational Area in the Hoosier National Forest and travels unpaved county roads all the way to The Indiana Dunes on Lake Michigan. The trip is designed to highlight many of the things that make Indiana a very special place. It is not a straight shot but a meandering route that stops at many historic, geological, culturally significance and quirky waypoints along the way. We will incorporate the natural resources of the Hoosier state by camping at many out of the way state parks. We will visit three off-road parks for those who want to flex their rigs a little more than others. There will be opportunities for volunteer work along the way to provide those that like a little stewardship with their adventuring. There will be opportunities for fishing, hiking, biking, kayaking and motorcycling as well. We will be stopping by the Hi Lift factory in Bloomfield for a tour as well.

I Live in Plainfield IN, I will definitely be doing this! Finally a trip in indiana .

MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
In the Evansville area. I'm keeping a close eye on this. I'm very intersted in getting to one of these events to meet people with similar interests and this sounds like it could be a great one. I'm looking forward to seeing more details.

TravelingDog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chicago, Illinois
Member #

I'm interested in this trip too. I am new to off-road and would like to travel/learn with a group. I have a question about the route. I tow a teardrop camper that is not set up yet for too much off-road. It's on 12" wheels that will be one of my future changes. My vehicle can handle much more. I was hoping I could pull the teardrop on this trip but I can leave it behind and tent camp. You rated this as 'easy' so I was wondering if the teardrop was possible. Peace

DirtyPenguins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Lansing, MI, USA
Member #

Very interested in this trip, could use some more details on how many days the trip will be. If I can't start with yall, I definitely want to meet somewhere to join the convoy to the dunes. Please keep us posted please.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I am planning on doing this. Count me in.

Tacoma Adventure Seeker

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Auburn, IN.
First Name
John
Last Name
Bauman
Member #

Interested as well. I live in Westfield, IN if anyone is interested in weekend trips prior to this event!
Hey Recon32, I noticed your interest in doing some weekend trips. I'm from Auburn and also interested in getting out on the weekends. Do you have any particular places you like to go? If your interested in meeting up feel free to reach out.
John