korydavis

Rank I

Contributor III

Cochrane, AB, Canada
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Davis
This thread is for present and future Off Grid Trailer (OGT) Owners. It is meant for customers, and owners to connect, ask questions and share their experiences. Ask questions, share your stories and tell us about your experiences.

Please discuss only Off Grid Trailers Branded Trailers. Please do not discuss other manufacturers in this thread.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kilted1

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sahuarita, AZ, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Cockrell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TOT
Thank you OGT for offering a greater number of avenues to communicate.

Fj60Fan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Deweese
Member #

I will soon be the owner of a Runaway Venturist 6x8 trailer which I will be towing with my 84 fj60. The trailer is to be completed in April. It will be outfitted with a roof rack, yakima road shower, gas on demand water heater off grid battery power and generator. Will be able to connect to shore power when available. The kitchen is in the back of the truck so no galley in the trailer. Here is a link to the trailer.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
I will soon be the owner of a Runaway Venturist 6x8 trailer which I will be towing with my 84 fj60. The trailer is to be completed in April. It will be outfitted with a roof rack, yakima road shower, gas on demand water heater off grid battery power and generator. Will be able to connect to shore power when available. The kitchen is in the back of the truck so no galley in the trailer. Here is a link to the trailer.

Cool trailer, however this thread is for Off Grid Trailers (OGT) brand trailers, not "off-grid trailer" category.

Last edited:
Reactions: SBU25

korydavis

Rank I

Contributor III

Cochrane, AB, Canada
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Davis
Hey Pack!
We know Pack Gatherings and Campouts have been highly requested and much needed. It has been a long time in the making but we are now ready to start putting them on.
We have 5 Official OGT Pack Gatherings scheduled this year at Overland Expos which are listed here on our website. We will be releasing the meet up time and location as they are confirmed.
If you are interested in hosting your own, please fill out the form on the page, let us know a little bit about your plan for your gathering, we can help you iron out the details and we will post it on our website for the Pack to join in. Thank you, OGT

Reactions: EStokes

Ovrlandtrekerusa

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Thanks for setting up this new platform for the wolf pack. I don’t Facebook. I have been full timing in my 2019 exp 2.0 for 2 years now. Mostly doing adventures alone cuz there has been no organized OGT group trips by us owners. I have some pretty good experience now. Looking forward to meeting and hangin out with some wolf packers.

Overland Geezer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Southington, Connecticut, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Max
Member #

Cool trailer, however this thread is for Off Grid Trailers (OGT) brand trailers, not "off-grid trailer" category.
This is going to happen over and over when the name of the brand is the same as the title of a topic. I'm not sure how we can avoid it. There's probably some clever solution, but I can't think of it.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
This is going to happen over and over when the name of the brand is the same as the title of a topic. I'm not sure how we can avoid it. There's probably some clever solution, but I can't think of it.
Subject could be updated to state "Off Grid Trailers (OGT) brand Owner's Thread" and maybe update the original post to clarify. I get what you're saying, though, and it's understandable for folks that don't know this is a brand, so some clarification wouldn't be unreasonable.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I'm completely confused. Is "Off Grid Trailers" a brandname? If so, don't they have their own forum? you know, Kinda like IH8mud for Toyota guys, and Jeep, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, MB, etc etc, forums? And if Off Grid Trailers is not a brand name then ? If it is a brand name, then can we start up a thread for 80 series Landcruisers? Or Dodge Dakotas? do you see where this leads?

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
I'm completely confused. Is "Off Grid Trailers" a brandname? If so, don't they have their own forum? you know, Kinda like IH8mud for Toyota guys, and Jeep, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, MB, etc etc, forums? And if Off Grid Trailers is not a brand name then ? If it is a brand name, then can we start up a thread for 80 series Landcruisers? Or Dodge Dakotas? do you see where this leads?
Um, this subforum is specifically for factory-manufactured trailer discussions, Off Grid Trailers is a brand of factory-manufactured trailers. Your post is a bit nonsensical given the context of this thread and where it was posted.

Reactions: MOAK

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Not really, subtle sarcasm maybe but not nonsensical. I wasn’t aware that brand name item sub forums were permitted. If so we can all start one for the brands we have? Correct?
I don't see why not, that falls in line with that this subforum is for. Discussing factory-built, not homemade, trailers. This singular thread is for OB forum members to discuss OGT's trailers. Seems like the most relevant location on these forums for such a thread, no? :)

If not then there are a whole lot of threads in this subforum that shouldn't be there...

And threads in gear subforums talking about specific brands of gear...

I guess I just don't understand what the issue is that you have with this thread considering the section it's in and the fact that there are literally countless other threads talking about specific brands or products across the forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOAK

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
I stand corrected then. I was under the false assumption, that brand specific forums were out of bounds. Sure, brand names are talked about all the time. I get that. Carry on.
I would think/expect that brand promotion wouldn't be allowed, like if the folks at OGT came on here trying to get people to buy their trailers then that would be a no-no and I'd agree with that.

While I'm here, my OGT Pando 2.0 shipped today and should be here Sunday or Monday. To say I'm stoked is an understatement! :D Pics incoming on the big day.

Reactions: Kilted1

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
While I'm here, my OGT Pando 2.0 shipped today and should be here Sunday or Monday. To say I'm stoked is an understatement! :D Pics incoming on the big day.
You're going to love it! Looking forward to the pics. Got some trip plans?
First big trip will be to Overland Expo West, other than that just some shakedown overnighters here and there. Then this summer who knows, seems like we'll have to vote on going back to Colorado or Maine. I haven't checked out what Maine has to offer for dispersed camping yet, though.

Overland Geezer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Southington, Connecticut, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Max
Member #

I haven't checked out what Maine has to offer for dispersed camping yet, though.
5 or 6 years ago I spent a few days in the North Maine Woods at a sporting camp. Most people got there by float plane, but you could take logging roads, which I did. The gravel roads are active and maintained, but it's very remote. I've been thinking about going back for some disbursed camping. This might help:

Reactions: DRAX

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Late 2019 Owner, used to work for OGT part-time, used to be on Facebook, used to probably something else... :)

Longest I have owned any of my off-road trailers. That probably says something.