Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Offgrid1.jpg

I recently added an Engel refrigerator to the 4Runner and wanted to add a second battery under the hood to keep it happy while not compromising my starting battery. Research lead me to Off-Grid Engineering and their dual battery system for the 5th Gen 4Runner. Reviews elsewhere were favorable and after a series of emails back and forth I placed my order.

While I am sure there are individuals with the talent, time and tools that could recreate this system, I'm not that guy. All of the required components were included and all of the custom parts were very well engineered and made. All wiring was cut to length making the install very simple, even for someone with limited electrical skills. The best part is once the main ground was reattached, everything worked!!!

The bad news is this system is only available for a limited number of Toyota products at present. For a more in-depth review and additional photos visit my blog.

Sadkomodo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washougal Washington
Member #

Very cool set up. Looks very clean(very important to me). They are one of the only firms that make the dual battery set up for the Lexus GX470 and it looks very similar to yours. How long did it take you to install?

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Very cool set up. Looks very clean(very important to me). They are one of the only firms that make the dual battery set up for the Lexus GX470 and it looks very similar to yours. How long did it take you to install?
A little less than 3 hours. Some of that time was spent tracking down my tools that seem to have migrated from the toolbox to different projects around the garage. Really a simple install for the 4Runner. Pretty straight forward. Read my blog post for install tips.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited: