Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

@K12 @DRAX

Ended up getting the Epix and couldn't be happier. Does everything I need (and more) and love the new screen. Battery life is still incredible. I wish Gaia would come up with a proper integration with it. I might swap out the band for a more comfortable one, as the included rubber one messes up with my sleeping (could be just that I'm not used to sleeping with a watch on).

Reactions: DRAX

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
@K12 @DRAX

Ended up getting the Epix and couldn't be happier. Does everything I need (and more) and love the new screen. Battery life is still incredible. I wish Gaia would come up with a proper integration with it. I might swap out the band for a more comfortable one, as the included rubber one messes up with my sleeping (could be just that I'm not used to sleeping with a watch on).
Congrats! I still love my fenix 7, only possible complaint would be the display being too hard to see in dimly lit areas without using the backlight, which isn't a big deal and not something you'll experience with the OLED display.

I'm living with my original silicone band for now, it's not uncomfortable to me but being white it gets dirty easily and doesn't breathe. I'd love to get a navy blue nylon band, but Garmin is off their rocker insane with the price of them. $399 for a NYLON BAND. It's more than the TITANIUM BAND. I opened a case with Garmin support to see if they made a mistake on price because it's nonsense and they never replied.

Haven't been able to find a 3rd-party band that seemed like it would be good yet.

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

Haven't been able to find a 3rd-party band that seemed like it would be good yet.
Yes, Garmin's prices on bands are insane. Anyway, I've heard good things on reddit about these:

The Watch Steward

I'd love something like the Enduro has, but Garmin only sells that in the 26mm size, not 22mm. There's a couple of similar ones available on Amazon that I'm considering.

Someone also mentioned that you could hack the Apple sports loop band and make it fit, but I don't have one handy to test.

Let me know if you find something you like that doesn't cost my next rig upgrade ;-)

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Has anyone used the Leatherman Tread watch? Just saw that these are being discounted and looks interesting with EDC tool band. It's a quartz movement, but then again, my Suunto uses a battery as well...

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Garmin tactix - 7 Pro Ballistics Edition. . . Two is one, one is none.
Dang that's snazzy!

I prefer to not know what time it is when I'm on an adventure, but between my car clock, tablet, phone, and stomach when it's been a little too long since breakfast - it always catches up to me.

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Morning, here is what I have been wearing the last year
I picked up a Garmin Fenix 6X. I put a Hemsut strap on it. I love it for all it does , and hate it for a similar reason. I choose to go to a smart watch to keep a eye on my blood ox and ticker. Not that I have anything wrong but being in my mid fifties I was given the impression by my doc to keep a eye on things. I love the map functions but I use the sunset sunrise info more than the map and I have disabled a lot of the notifications so to be distracted less. and yep I found a Luminox watch face , so best of both worlds, ( I always wanted a luminox) but I do switch it between data rich and this depending on the cercumstances
IMG_7022[1].JPG