Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Ok everyone. I want to try doing a monthly-ish update. A sort of, "here's what happened and here is what is happening," type deal. We will see if I keep up with it, or even if people care.

The major news is two monthly meetups had their Kickoff Events yesterday April 8. Eastern Mass and SE / S Maine and New Hampshire. I would say they were a great success. There were 12 people (8 trucks) who made it out to the Eastern Mass kickoff. That is twice what I would have expected for this time of year. The SE/S Maine and New Hampshire group had 4 rigs. But the cool thing, a guy driving a cool Taco saw the four rigs and had to find out what was going on. He stuck around to chat a bit and may even be joining up soon. Great job and THANK YOU to @bajatacoguy and @finlayforprez for being my boots on the ground for these kickoff events.

On to some great news for folks in Jersey and Virginia. I was approached by a couple great guys who really want to see something get started in their areas. So, Central New Jersey, you have a kickoff date in May.
If you are in central New Jersey, check out the thread (Central New Jersey Monthly Meet Kickoff) for that and say "Hey" to @Ironhide Fx4 while you are there. He will be organizing that meetup.
Virginia, we are working out the details on this. I will update this message with a link to the thread for that. That being said, the ball is rolling and you can thank @yabbaz for that. So keep your eyes peeled for that thread and make sure you chime in so we can get as much info as we can about the needs for that area.
Edit: Here is the thread! Virginia Meetups

Wish there was a Monthly Meetup starting near you? Don't worry, we are working on it. If you would like to help get that going, let me know. You don't have to do it alone. I can help you get one going, or you can help me get one going.

Edit: Did you know there is a Facebook group for OB Members? Check it out, and bring your member number: OverlandBound-East

As stated below, @GeorgiaandherJeep is "putting together a trip to Vermont for the weekend of May 12th if anyone is interested in meeting up. I started a Meetup thread https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/Vermont-Trip-Meetup.6157/"

Last edited:

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
East/West confusion :)
Don't mind me, my GPS took a wrong turn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Reactions: MA_Trooper

PenmanPhoto

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

East, SOMD
Member #

Anyone want to plan a meet at Katie's Cars and Coffee? It is in Great Falls, VA. If you haven't heard of this get together it is awesome. They hold the event every Saturday from 6am-9am. Decent coffee and awesome cars all over the place.

yabbaz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Richmond, VA
Member #

Anyone want to plan a meet at Katie's Cars and Coffee? It is in Great Falls, VA. If you haven't heard of this get together it is awesome. They hold the event every Saturday from 6am-9am. Decent coffee and awesome cars all over the place.
I may swing up there one day again. Its a hike from me. Gotta leave here at like 4am to get there in time.

yabbaz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Richmond, VA
Member #

Last time I went I almost got my car impounded for having expired tags by some shitty airport police. Either way, I enjoy sleep too much to wake up early enough to go lol

Reactions: PenmanPhoto

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Me and @Wawa Skittletits would both love to see PA get going, Idk how many other members we got on here
Are you two volunteering to help?[emoji6] Seriously though. I can do the leg work but could use a little help on figuring some stuff out. So if one or both of you want to lend a hand shoot me a message.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I'd be glad to help set something up. I'm already doing a lot of legwork for ~20 Subarus next weekend so how hard could it be for ~5 haha. I'll send a DM for details @Chris Jones

Reactions: SeguineJ and TerryD

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

GeorgiaandherJeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norwalk, CT
Member #

Awesome. Is that date finalized and on the OB calendar?
The date is set, location is still TBD but I am heading up to the area this weekend and plan to scout a few spots to camp Friday and Saturday night.

It is not on the calendar, how does someone go about adding to the calendar?

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

G
The date is set, location is still TBD but I am heading up to the area this weekend and plan to scout a few spots to camp Friday and Saturday night.

It is not on the calendar, how does someone go about adding to the calendar?
Go to the thread that you created for the trip, click thread tools > Calendar Add. then select the date and the calendar will be populated and direct folks back to the thread for more details.

Reactions: TerryD

GeorgiaandherJeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norwalk, CT
Member #

G

Go to the thread that you created for the trip, click thread tools > Calendar Add. then select the date and the calendar will be populated and direct folks back to the thread for more details.
Done and done...

Now who wants to go to Vermont????? I mean come on, back country camping, heady topper, fire pit, does it get any better than that?

Reactions: MA_Trooper

GeorgiaandherJeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norwalk, CT
Member #

Is this a 2 night camp?

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app
Yes, I'm planning on camping Friday and Saturday so others are more than welcome to as well. I will be up there this weekend to scout a couple areas I've heard about. I was hoping for some local input but nobody has piped up yet. Anyone out there in OB land want to recommend some great spots in Vermont?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Chocs