OB Members Kansas

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

adventure_is_necessary

Rank VI

Influencer III

Emporia, KS
Member #

Hello my fellow Kansans and Rocky Mtn members,

I created this thread for you to introduce yourself. Tell us all about you, your family, and your rig. Share some pictures and get to know others in our state, as well as region. I will start us off.

I learned about overlanding back in probably 2016 after wanting to run trails without being a rock crawler and have since outfitted my 2004 Jeep WJ to go where I want and do what I want. I love taking the road less traveled and unlearning pavement. I love being able to load up and go. My Jeep has slowly become the adventure rig I have hoped for since I started my outdoor lifestyle as a young boy.

My Jeep was stock until I planned a much needed vacation to the Roosevelt National Forest outside of Ft. Collins, CO. It was teetering on winter weather, so I opted to outfit my rig to allow my dog and I to sleep in the back. I learned a lot from that trip, but I also learned a lot while running the rugged back roads around here. Some of the worst, yet best roads for off-road travel reside here in the Flint Hills of Kansas.

My goal is to be able to camp off-grid with my lady and the kiddos for days at a time since they prefer to glamp a little more than I like. This is getting easier the more I take them out and simplify our kit.
IMG_5471.jpgGC_OXW.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cendee

Cendee

US Rocky Mountain Region Director
Benefactor
Supporter

Pathfinder I

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello my fellow Kansans,

I created this thread for you to introduce yourself. Tell us all about you, your family, and your rig. Share some pictures pictures and get to know others in our state. I will start us off.

I learned about overlanding back in probably 2016 after wanting to run trails without being a rock crawler and have since outfitted my 2004 Jeep WJ to go where I want and do what I want. I love taking the road less traveled and unlearning pavement. I love being able to load up and go. My Jeep has slowly become the adventure rig I have hoped for since I started my outdoor lifestyle as a young boy.

My Jeep was stock until I planned a much needed vacation to the Roosevelt National Forest outside of Ft. Collins, CO. It was teetering on winter weather, so I opted to outfit my rig to allow my dog and I to sleep in the back. I learned a lot from that trip, but I also learned a lot while running the rugged back roads around here. Some of the worst, yet best roads for off-road travel reside here in the Flint Hills of Kansas.

My goal is to be able to camp off-grid with my lady and the kiddos for days at a time since they prefer to glamp a little more than I like. This is getting easier the more I take them out and simplify our kit.
View attachment 104430View attachment 104431
I love this. Thank you for taking the initiative to set this up.

I have been active in the off road community for several years. Last year I discovered overlanding and fell in love. Since then I have become your Regional Director for the Rocky Mountains and am excited to help you guys get out an explore your own area and possibly some of mine or your neighbors. We have 8 great states in our region and all have some amazing places to visit.

Please let me know what I can do to help you get your community active and having some fun.

Attachments

adventure_is_necessary

Rank VI

Influencer III

Emporia, KS
Member #

I love this. Thank you for taking the initiative to set this up.

I have been active in the off road community for several years. Last year I discovered overlanding and fell in love. Since then I have become your Regional Director for the Rocky Mountains and am excited to help you guys get out an explore your own area and possibly some of mine or your neighbors. We have 8 great states in our region and all have some amazing places to visit.

Please let me know what I can do to help you get your community active and having some fun.
Thank you Cendee! Kansas is not ideal due to a lack of public land, however, we have plenty of amazing scenery and some gnarly roads to travel. Between my local overlanding group and all of the state parks, we have plenty of places we can set up camp at after a day of wheeling the backroads. Hope to get some of our region members out here to experience it and get my Kansans out in the mountains before too long.

Reactions: Cendee

Cendee

US Rocky Mountain Region Director
Benefactor
Supporter

Pathfinder I

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hey Guys,

@igtyr6 is the member rep in your area. He has created a rally point. Check it out.