Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

This is a good bit of info for anyone not familiar with the area.
http://www.explorenorth.com/library/roads/denali_highway_guide.html
I cant stress this enough..spare tires..plug kit.. the Denali Hwy loves to eat tires. There are no services out there either.
Good info! Thanks!! BTW my cell Phone # 907-267-9227, My Sat Phone # Dial 480-768-2500, pause for prompt, then dial 881631634725. Caller will be charged the LD rate to Arizona. Can leave voice mail. If you have a Sat Phone, then just dial the 8816.... direct.

Reactions: beyondthepavement

RIBahler

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Kenai, AK
Member #

I would love to join if I'm still here. I was planning an overlanding trip with my lady to go from Alaska to Oregon in June. In October I did the inverse to get up here. I'll keep you all posted if I can make it. An earlier trip would be awesome if we could plan that as well. Maybe in May?!

beyondthepavement

Local Expert Alaska, USA
Launch Member

World Traveler I

North Pole , Alaska
First Name
Marek
Last Name
Dodson
Member #

In order to help create more attention for this event I have secured a donation from a supporting benefactor. All numbered attending members will be eligible. Your member number will be put in the bucket to be drawn at 7:00pm ast on june 17th. I will come up with other ways for members to earn more chances to enter there number...
Hint on what the prize is....Ditch Pig...pm me the correct answer and I will give you a extra number in the bucket! Only the first correct answer will get this chance...

Reactions: AKBushDag

AKBushDag

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmer, Alaska
First Name
David
Last Name
Plant
Member #

In order to help create more attention for this event I have secured a donation from a supporting benefactor. All numbered attending members will be eligible. Your member number will be put in the bucket to be drawn at 7:00pm ast on june 17th. I will come up with other ways for members to earn more chances to enter there number...
Hint on what the prize is....Ditch Pig...pm me the correct answer and I will give you a extra number in the bucket! Only the first correct answer will get this chance...
Way Cool! Really appreciate all the extra effort you have put into this. Pls convey my personal Thank You to the supporter!!

CigarBar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

This is a good bit of info for anyone not familiar with the area.
http://www.explorenorth.com/library/roads/denali_highway_guide.html
I cant stress this enough..spare tires..plug kit.. the Denali Hwy loves to eat tires. There are no services out there either.
Great information, thank you! I'm planning a to run the west coast next year. Part 1 from Portland to Alaska & Part 2 Portland to Cabo San Lucas. First I have to go through a laundry list of mods on the 2006 Wrangler to be on the safe side.

Reactions: beyondthepavement

beyondthepavement

Local Expert Alaska, USA
Launch Member

World Traveler I

North Pole , Alaska
First Name
Marek
Last Name
Dodson
Member #

I just noticed this had the wrong dates on it..it will be June 17-18..i will be arriving there either late Thursday night or Friday morning..