NY and VT wheeling and camping 18-19-20 May 2019

• HTML tutorial

frankspinz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a few trucks together for a (Québec) long weekend. We are hoping to explore New York State and Vermont. It would be awesome to join some American friends & ride/camp together. Any takers ?

If you have trails, campgrounds or any resources to recommend I'd love to hear suggestions ! (We also like good food and microbreweries !)
See you at the Montreal Meet April 6th !

Cheers

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

What route are you thinking of taking? I am in southern New York state. There is not much in the way of camping down here, and I think the few I know of wouldn't open until the end of May.

Reactions: frankspinz

frankspinz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

What route are you thinking of taking? I am in southern New York state. There is not much in the way of camping down here, and I think the few I know of wouldn't open until the end of May.
Thanks for your comment !
I haven't looked into it yet but I will in the next couple of weeks... I'll use freecampsites.net and ioverlander.com... We are also willing to use private or state park campsites. NY has lots of green space to explore, I hope by 4x4 ! NH and VT are also very interesting.
I don't think we'll make past (South of ) Albany, but who know ...

frankspinz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

@Explore Maine thoughts on changing the dates we discussed to align with @frankspinz coming to the states?
That would be very cool ! I expect we will be 3 trucks. A JK pulling a M101 trailer with RTT (small family), a Xterra Pro-4X and a Colorado ZR2 (maybe another ZR2 pulling a NO-Bo trailer). A few more rigs would be awesome !

Last edited:

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

Yes, Twin Mountain Campground was recommended to me. We could set-up camp there and then drive Mount Washington. Sound right ?
That looks to be a KOA, and yes you could get to Mt washington from there. Dolly Copp is on the other side where the auto road is located and is a forest service campground. It will be more rustic than a KOA. It is also closer to Gorham and Conway for restaurants and supplies if you need them. Right next to Dolly Copp is a group camping area called Barnes Field. Not sure but it may be cheaper than the KOA. There is a Walmart also in Conway.

Dolly Copp Campground

Barnes Field Campground

Pierre C

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec, Canada
First Name
Pierre
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Service Branch
Canadian Army
That would be very cool ! I expect we will be 3 trucks. A JK pulling a M101 trailer with RTT (small family), a Xterra Pro-4X and a Colorado ZR2 (maybe another ZR2 pulling a NO-Bo trailer). A few more rigs would be awesome !
[/QUOTE a good chance that the small family
Hi guys! I’m the guy with the JKU in that quote. There’s a good chance that the small family will be complete with a Suz Grand Vitara JX. I’m not sure if it will be lifted than. For your info I already have been through NH by Hway 3 to Mt Washington. So any other options would be good.

KPMetrics

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Vermont
Member #

I'm in southwestern VT. If you're in the area give me a shout. Lots of national forest trails down here, free camping, good trout fishing. I'd love to come out for a day and meet up.