King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Subscribed

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using OB Talk
Unless something better comes up, I may just pick a couple points in Gifford Pinchot and see if I can get to them. Testing out some new gear is part of why I want to go out... Though, it's mostly because I just need to get out!

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I'm thinking just going and checking out the status of Gifford Pinchot will be the way to go.

I kind of want to head out Friday night, though I'm sure I could find a good spot on the edge of the forest for a morning rally point before heading deeper into the forest.

I was thinking of seeing if it was possible to work down toward Mt. St. Helens...

If anyone has any interest in this for the weekend, let me know!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I'm tentatively thinking about heading out Friday night to get into the forest near Randle and find a spot for the night.

Rally with whoever shows up Friday night - Monday morning and then head south and see what I can find outside and around the National Monument. I have a couple spots that I want to look at, but my goal is to find a large-ish spot that could hold a small to mid sized group.

Set up camp for Saturday night and then decide the way out of the forest. (To be determined depending on how bad the roads are, and how many trees have to be cleared)