• HTML tutorial

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Hello fellow low range lovers!

Looking to start a once a month (possibly week) meetup in the Northern Virginia/DC area. The place in mind is Tims Rivershore in Dumfries VA. they have aome good food, cold beer, and some trails right across the street. Let me know if anyone in the area is down and we'll kick this thing off!

-Mike

David Whiteman

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Member #

Hello fellow low range lovers!

Looking to start a once a month (possibly week) meetup in the Northern Virginia/DC area. The place in mind is Tims Rivershore in Dumfries VA. they have aome good food, cold beer, and some trails right across the street. Let me know if anyone in the area is down and we'll kick this thing off!

-Mike
My wife and I would be all about a monthly trip. We are just south of Andrews so once a week might be too much, but one Saturday or Sunday a month would be fun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

My wife and I would be all about a monthly trip. We are just south of Andrews so once a week might be too much, but one Saturday or Sunday a month would be fun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Sounds good David. Im also planning an overnight trip at either The Cove in Gore VA or GW national Forest at the end of this month. A couple of us may be getting together tomorrow (Monday the 16th) in the Manassas/Clifton VA area if yall would be up for that

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Clifton VA. It's a cool little town. Got a couple local guys with an 80 and 100 series LC thatll be joinin. And theres a couple trail spots down the road from there we can check out to get some mud on the tires. Ill plan to be there bout 1130 at the clifton cafe.

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

So we're still good for tomorrow meeting in Clifton VA at 1130am. I'm going to try and park on the street so my truck is easily visible and hopefully will have enough spots to park all our rigs to show em off. Otherwise there a few few parking lots. I'll meet y'all at the clifton cafe. If I'm not in there, just ask any of the employees to where im at and theyll either tell ya or ping me youre there haha

Rusty JL

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Montgomery Village, Maryland, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Canozo
Member #

I want to thanks Mike, Scott and Hector for a great meeting time at Clifton Cafe, we share a table (good food) and exchanged memories about previous trips and crazy situations then we walked around the rigs and talk about it.
I hope more people join us next time!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Exped4x4

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Mike, super cool that you created this meet up thread... bummer I missed. Have a trip planned for this Sat morning to do a quick hike up near Deep Creek Lake, possibly some shooting over at Green Ridge (if open), then driving down to GWNF area for some overlanding/camping. Heading back to Annapolis Sunday. Let me know if there's any interest in joining us for any of it. Walt

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Mike, super cool that you created this meet up thread... bummer I missed. Have a trip planned for this Sat morning to do a quick hike up near Deep Creek Lake, possibly some shooting over at Green Ridge (if open), then driving down to GWNF area for some overlanding/camping. Heading back to Annapolis Sunday. Let me know if there's any interest in joining us for any of it. Walt
What part of the GWNF are you going to be in?

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Yea man! I think that's doable. Let us know the details of when you're gonna be in gwnf. I know of a pretty sweet area near Harrisburg, VA

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Looking at Northern portion (Squirrel Gap Rd on WV side and down to Wolf Trap on the border). Would be getting to that area Saturday afternoon, coming from NW MD. My last time in GWNF was sort of close to Harrisonburg, around Flag Pole Knob... cool area. If still interested, we should think of a rally point. If not, another time in a few weeks to a month. Walt

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Looking at Northern portion (Squirrel Gap Rd on WV side and down to Wolf Trap on the border). Would be getting to that area Saturday afternoon, coming from NW MD. My last time in GWNF was sort of close to Harrisonburg, around Flag Pole Knob... cool area. If still interested, we should think of a rally point. If not, another time in a few weeks to a month. Walt
I'm afraid that's farther than I can manage for a impromptu day trip right now. Going to be too busy this weekend. Maybe next time though! I'd like to get up that way for a couple days in the future and see what's there.

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Absolutely! Plenty of opportunities to explore around GWJNF! The place is huge and I'm already impressed with the off-road opportunities. Cheers, Walt

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

I should be able to meet up with ya on saturday. So long as im able to get my hub replaced, otherwise i may be bringin the bike haha.