Northern Illinois Meet, Greet, and Offroad Dec 9th

• HTML tutorial

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

This is for you Southern Wisconsinites too!
This is a totally informal event. Show up when you want, do what you want, leave when you want. :)

Let’s have a meet/ greet day and do some offroading!
Join us at the Chicagoland area’s closest offroad park for a day of fun and socializing.
River Road Rally Park is perfect for those that are new to offroading or simply don’t want to tear up their rig. Although, there is opportunity to do the later if you choose!
We’ll be there around 10:00 when the park opens, but show up whenever you choose. The park is small so there’ll be no trouble in finding us. We’ll be in the yellow FJ Cruiser. If you happen to have a CB radio we’ll be on channel 16.
If you’re new to offroading and are a little nervous, we’ll gladly take you on a tour of the obstacles and give you advice on how and if you should tackle them.
At High Noon we’ll be taking a group photo at the open area on the north side of the lake, at the approach to the steep hills.
Check out River Road's website or Facebook Page for rules and cost. http://www.riverroadrallypark.com/

Phil C

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chicago
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Crisologo
Member #

Should be able to make it. If I don't pull the trigger on these AT tires then we're just gonna have to see how street tires do off road lol!

Reactions: Wanderlost

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
This is for you Southern Wisconsinites too!
This is a totally informal event. Show up when you want, do what you want, leave when you want. :)

Let’s have a meet/ greet day and do some offroading!
Join us at the Chicagoland area’s closest offroad park for a day of fun and socializing.
River Road Rally Park is perfect for those that are new to offroading or simply don’t want to tear up their rig. Although, there is opportunity to do the later if you choose!
We’ll be there around 10:00 when the park opens, but show up whenever you choose. The park is small so there’ll be no trouble in finding us. We’ll be in the yellow FJ Cruiser. If you happen to have a CB radio we’ll be on channel 16.
If you’re new to offroading and are a little nervous, we’ll gladly take you on a tour of the obstacles and give you advice on how and if you should tackle them.
At High Noon we’ll be taking a group photo at the open area on the north side of the lake, at the approach to the steep hills.
Check out River Road's website or Facebook Page for rules and cost. http://www.riverroadrallypark.com/
Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Reactions: Wanderlost

BobsGarage

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago
Hey all,

Thinking about attending this, I am completely new. Want to know if I can participate in a stock 4th gen explorer with only a 2 inch receiver as a recovery point. I feel like the answer is no. But worth asking.

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

Hey all,

Thinking about attending this, I am completely new. Want to know if I can participate in a stock 4th gen explorer with only a 2 inch receiver as a recovery point. I feel like the answer is no. But worth asking.
Absolutely you can join us, don't be ridiculous! The park is set up with bypasses around any obstacles you don't feel comfortable with. However, you'll likely be surprised with what your rig is capable of. If you'd like, I'll ride with you for a lap or two and give you some pointers.

Reactions: Tinker

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

One thing to keep in mind; like most all offroad parks river Road rally Park requires that you have an orange flag that extents above your roof. Sometimes they have some for sale there but don't count on it. Pick one up at Walmart or elsewhere. If you can't figure a way of mounting it on your rig, some people simply stick the flagpole in the rear side window and roll it up.
Weatherman says it's going to be a little chilly so CRANK THOSE HEATERS UP OVERLANDERS!

Rover7284

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Had a great time, thanks for the invite! It was great to meet both of you (and see the rest of you too). Have never done an off road park before, wasn't sure what to expect but had a lot of fun. Was good to see what the Rover could do. Been off road on the farm and in Colorado a bit, but the advantage of a park is that have continuous technical challenges to choose from. I have a lot more confidence in my vehicle now and was able to learn some new driving and handling skills. Hope to see you on another adventure soon!

Reactions: BobsGarage