North Shore Scout Signing in!

• HTML tutorial

North Shore Scout

Rank II

Enthusiast III

WOO HOO!! ive been wanting to build my truck into an overlander for YEARS! living on SSI really sucked and it was hard to even try. well with my mom's health going down hill i had to push myself to get a job. lucky i found one i can do! night auditor! i can sit at a desk (which i normal do at home anyway) and do computer stuff! simple! i now make enough money to not only pay the bills for the house but also BUILD MY TRUCK UP!!! im still doing it on a shoe string. i get good stuff but i dont need expensive things. awning? hell a tarp will do. cargo rack? ehh amazon has one... i did go for the 84inch!! everything else i get is to just fix up my 1997 mercury mountaineer. suspension is all new front and rear. soon to get new CV axels in the front. its a V8 with 195k miles. good deal of rust but not too much! rear bumper is toast! BUT! i do want to get good bumpers!

i have good friends that have helped me out. one is into audio and is really good with wiring. we did a window tint today. i put a cargo bag on the roof rack. i just need a little more cleaning to do and ill be able to lay out in it once again!

in the future my audio friend and i will be building a custom center box that will hold a house battery, cup holders, inverter and a CB radio.

i went from nothing... no friends, barely any family, no job, no hobbies to speak of... to now building up my dreams. 109709593_10223055341442131_2307783171197205778_o.jpg109665268_10223055343122173_9122230032678640582_o.jpg115777466_10223106708166267_4647989045938056192_o.jpg

Hallout

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3SCX
Service Branch
US Space Force
Looks like it's all starting to come together! Out of curiosity, is that cording the only thing holding the rack on in front?

Reactions: North Shore Scout

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Yea if that's all that's holding it down, definitely look at securing that. Things get airborne in a hurry on vehicles. Other than that, looking good! I always enjoy seeing something a little different on the roads and congrats on the job and moving your life forward. Attitude is everything! Where are you planning on heading out for some adventures?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
WOO HOO!! ive been wanting to build my truck into an overlander for YEARS! living on SSI really sucked and it was hard to even try. well with my mom's health going down hill i had to push myself to get a job. lucky i found one i can do! night auditor! i can sit at a desk (which i normal do at home anyway) and do computer stuff! simple! i now make enough money to not only pay the bills for the house but also BUILD MY TRUCK UP!!! im still doing it on a shoe string. i get good stuff but i dont need expensive things. awning? hell a tarp will do. cargo rack? ehh amazon has one... i did go for the 84inch!! everything else i get is to just fix up my 1997 mercury mountaineer. suspension is all new front and rear. soon to get new CV axels in the front. its a V8 with 195k miles. good deal of rust but not too much! rear bumper is toast! BUT! i do want to get good bumpers!

i have good friends that have helped me out. one is into audio and is really good with wiring. we did a window tint today. i put a cargo bag on the roof rack. i just need a little more cleaning to do and ill be able to lay out in it once again!

in the future my audio friend and i will be building a custom center box that will hold a house battery, cup holders, inverter and a CB radio.

i went from nothing... no friends, barely any family, no job, no hobbies to speak of... to now building up my dreams. View attachment 163908View attachment 163907View attachment 163906
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

North Shore Scout

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Yep! I joke with my car friends that it's a rare 4 door, awd mustang! Same 302 v8 as the mustangs of that year!

Aa for where I'll be roaming. That's going to hard one... See I do night auditing and there's only 2 of us. So time off means someone is going to have to do a lot of work. Specially if I want to go to an Overland expo!

So I'll probably stick to Minnesota for right now. We have a group but they are all from the south part of the state and I'm all the way up top by lake superior.

I do have an atv and we have Midwest mud fest! So that I totally want to try and get too!

Othee than that I don't fully know yet...

Is that the 5.0 V8 in the Mountaineer? My brother had one years ago when he was at Ft. Benning. Thing was awesome.

North Shore Scout

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Just a few updates! I got a couple u bolts installed to the hockey puck mounts!

The biggest update is my badges came!! Can't wait to get them on the truck! Little miss hap with shipping and I didn't get my shirt or stickers but those will be sent out shortly!

Thanks for yalls support!

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

i went from nothing... no friends, barely any family, no job, no hobbies to speak of... to now building up my dreams. View attachment 163908View attachment 163907View attachment 163906
Welcome to the OB community.

MrWienson

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Minneapolis
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Wienson
Member #

True Minnesotan, using pucks for spacers!! We always have some stray pucks laying around!