North Shore of Montreal.

• HTML tutorial

seeking

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

montreal, qc
Member #

hi, well like you guessed i live on the north shore of montreal and im looking for people to go wheeling with anyone go out on a regular basis?

Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
I dont think your going to find what your looking for hear.
If you have a jeep look at jeep entral
If tacoma. Tacoma world.
You get the idea. There are forums out there that go out and regularly wheel and camp, that is not this site.

Reactions: Billiebob

seeking

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

montreal, qc
Member #

Really? I thought that was the whole premise of these forums, it actually has overland in its title. Overlanding is taking mostly dirt roads and trails while camping out of your vehicle. Maybe it's the people who are in this forum that are not looking for like minded folk who enjoy that kind of travel that should seek other forums.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

seeking - There's a guy on "Jeep Central" ( JeepCentral.ca - Jeep Central Canada Forums ) sorry I can't remember his name but I think he was and maybe still is very active in wheeling in the Montreal and Trois Rivières areas. He mentioned a club he was in and provided various pictures. I think he was trying to organize a group of people from Ontario to go there.

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

Really? I thought that was the whole premise of these forums, it actually has overland in its title. Overlanding is taking mostly dirt roads and trails while camping out of your vehicle. Maybe it's the people who are in this forum that are not looking for like minded folk who enjoy that kind of travel that should seek other forums.
Hi Seeking, I have recently come on as a Canada Member Rep for Ontario/Quebec. There have not recently been any member reps for the area or a dedicated director. Despite the shortage of local leadership, what I've seen as I peruse the threads of seasons gone by is that the region was gaining steam and then... covid. :rage: As they say in Quebec "il a mis un bâton dans les roues".

As you know our local health and governments units navigate the chaos of guidelines, restrictions and requirements, rally point events will get rolling again. I hope to get out and meet all sorts of like minded folks who want to get out find adventure.

I'm not far from Ottawa so it puts me in a great position to visit west Quebec, and eastern Ontario. While I'm not sure we can this fall, I look forward to putting many faces to names from this message board really soon.

Broum Broum Expédition

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Greenfield Park, Longueuil
First Name
Luc
Last Name
LaCasse
Member #

Hi Seeking, I’m from the Montreal area as well. My truck is not ready for off-road yet. I have been working on it part-time for the past 3+ years. In the state my truck is, I can’t venture off-road as I need to learn its capacity limit. Also, I don’t have the necessary recovery gear in case I get in trouble.

I do look forward to spring 2021 as a first « Overland » outing.

Untill then, I salute you ...
Luc

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

thats one interpretation but you are actually just camping. overlanding tends to be more exploring beyond the boundaries of home. altho even this forum has several campers too, overlanding leans to international expeditions..... and smaller expeditions too.... but overlanding is also about mixing it up with other cultures, doing things like travelling 1000 miles to see how people in a different setting, like the NWT, Yukon, Alaska live. As Farook says, there are forums which focus on what you are looking for.... this is not one of them.

overlanders tend to set out alone to immerse themselves in new, strange, foreign worlds. or at least travel alone to see the part of the world they live in. you get that best by travelling alone, not on a guided tour with a yer buddies.

But then, thats just my interpretation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Renaissance_Man

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Maybe it's the people who are in this forum that are not looking for like minded folk who enjoy that kind of travel that should seek other forums.
thats just rude

there are definitely forums which focus on what you are looking for better than this one which is more international than local

Reactions: Renaissance_Man