Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

Awesome idea! I can't make it this month as I'm the President of the South East Louisiana Legion Riders and we're leading the Veterans Day parade in LaPlace Saturday. I'll surely save the date for next month though!

Reactions: eagle_A40

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

Awesome idea! I can't make it this month as I'm the President of the South East Louisiana Legion Riders and we're leading the Veterans Day parade in LaPlace Saturday. I'll surely save the date for next month though!

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

My wife and granddaughter will be with me. We're headed to Long Beach for granddaughter to play in the sand while the weather is still warm.
We will most likely stay only an hour, or so at the Meet-Up.

See y'all there.

Reactions: grillotngrits

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I checked WGNO Weather and this is the forecast for Saturday.

Low to mid 40s in the morning. Sunny and lower 60s for Saturday animated-smileys-hands-fingers-02.gif

WGNO.png

Looks like we'll have a nice Sunday, before the cold front moves in.

Reactions: grillotngrits

grillotngrits

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

New Orleans, LA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Grillot
Member #

So guys, thanks for coming. I had a great time meeting everyone, and I'm excited to get our first tail under our tires. Here are a few things that I found that everyone seems to want from these meetings.
Top the list, emergency essentials, survival skills, and first aid. As well as Gear tutorials, gear reviews, and general offroad driving knowledge shared with everyone in the group. I mentioned to Mark and Scott that I will work on getting some things set up to make these meetings more enjoyable as well as educational.

SO! with that being said, I have some awesome news for everyone.
1. today I met an army recruit named Eric who is also an overland bound member and said he wants to join us next time we have a get together where he would share his medkit and how to use certain items in it, as well as bring a medic from his army group to come in a give us some survival first aid training.
2. I met him at the new 511 Tactical store in Metairie. The manager is the store is named Steve, he is also into Overlanding, even though he's not a member at this time, said he would become one soon. But he wants us to have trainings and meeting at the 511 store some time. He offered a whole host of opportunities that I think we would all love to take advantage of. I'll keep everyone posted on when this will happen, as well as invite him to our next meeting.

I will work on getting another meeting ready for December, and we will meet at the same location along with our new friends. I will also create another group with a new name that will become a perminite Rally Point.