Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
Looking for recommendations for a NOAA RADIO.
If I am thinking of the same thing you are asking for, I really like the Eton Scorpion II, which just happens to be on a good sale on Amazon right now..

Edit: gave up on adding url... It's easy to look up.

It can charge portable electronics with onboard battery, can trickle charge on solar, and has crank charge. It's one of the few brands that has a decent crank generator. Also built in flashlight, and hook to attach to bags etc...

I own two, one in the house and one in the truck.

Last edited:

BlackSheepExpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

If I am thinking of the same thing you are asking for, I really like the Eton Scorpion II, which just happens to be on a good sale on Amazon right now..

Edit: gave up on adding url... It's easy to look up.

It's one of the few brands that has a decent crank generator.

I own two, one in the house and one in the truck.
Thanks.. Think I will be ordering two as well for that price.

WareWolf MoonWall

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Green Country, OK
First Name
WareWolf
Last Name
MoonWall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Direct Message Me..
I am getting my HAM license currently but want one for the house.
The Midland Base Camp recently went back on sale and might be interesting as well if you are getting into comms since it has a crank and doubles as an FRS/GMRS portable unit.

I believe it is also a flashlight, works from either the included battery or disposables... YouTube if interested. Makes a decent home unit vs an HT.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I had a Midland WX alert radio at the house, it lasted one storm before I unplugged it. Couldn't stand the constant alerts for stupid watches and such. This was many years ago and the thing just wasn't as customizable as I wanted.
I am well aware of the weather though so I get by without just fine... I mean my callsign is WX5SKY. :tearsofjoy: I had better be weather aware.
The WX frequencies are programmed into my ham radio for when I am out of cell service.

Last edited: