BB_trailrook

Rank 0

Contributor I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Bell
Looking into new tires for my ‘06 Lexus LX470. I like the look and performance I’ll get from the Ridge Grappler, but have heard they are very heavy. Other option is the Terra Grappler or BFG KO2.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I'd rather run a heavy tire that was durable, and deal with upgrading my shocks if needed.

Consider a Cooper ST Maxx. Even heavier since it's built on the MT carcass of the mighty STT.

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

We run Ridge Grapplers on our 4Runner with great success. They are a heavy tire because of the terrain they're designed to handle. They are also considered a "hybrid" tire. Meaning they're a cross between an all terrain and mud tire. If you're just going to be pounding pavement and an occasional gravel Forest Service road you're better off with a true all terrain instead of the Ridge Grapplers. And by all means stay away from the BFG KO2s. They are an ancient design and are a bear to keep balanced.
flex.JPGflex.JPG

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

The Ridge Grapplers come in 2 variants. The E rated tire is quite heavy. The standard duty is on par with other similar tires when it comes to weight. I just put the standard duty Ridge Grapplers on the truck last month and I'm happy with both their on and off road performance.

-Curtiss

Reactions: BB_trailrook