2003 Atomic Orange Nissan Xterra 4X4 Overland Build (Codename : Tigger) Picture Heavy

• HTML tutorial

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Is there a Nissan owners thread on here? I think that would be really cool. Also when doing the PML I would recommend picking up the rear with AALs instead of extended shackles like I did. The flex is really nice but leafs are flat after a few months. For tires I went budget as well, running the Westlake SL369 (AT) in 235/85r16. They've been pretty awesome but when we get new tires we are gonna try 285/75r16 ATs on the Xterra and 285/75r16 Thunder Trac or Crosswinds (MTs) on the Frontier.

How is the rig coming along? How's the drawer system?

Reactions: ryno9562 and Ernpup

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I finished building my drawer system. I haven't painted it yet (been too cold), but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

There's some things you can't see in these pictures. There's a faucet behind the passenger tail light. All my electrical is underneath a hinged door, and behind the drawers, up against the seats. I have 5 more relays for lights, and one more switch open on the panel on the right side of the drawers that I'm not sure what to do with. I'll also probably replace the USB ports on the panels with USB 3 ports.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I finished building my drawer system. I haven't painted it yet (been too cold), but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

There's some things you can't see in these pictures. There's a faucet behind the passenger tail light. All my electrical is underneath a hinged door, and behind the drawers, up against the seats. I have 5 more relays for lights, and one more switch open on the panel on the right side of the drawers that I'm not sure what to do with. I'll also probably replace the USB ports on the panels with USB 3 ports.
That’s a very slick setup you got there

Reactions: ryno9562

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
That’s a very slick setup you got there
Thanks! I took some plans I found on xterraNation.com, and modified them to suit my needs. I wanted the slide out table, and have an extension that slides in that I can use for a sleeping platform. I need to find a good hinge and a support system so I can keep the extension flat when it's not being used.

Right now, I just have a couple of 2x4s as legs for the extension.

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I like it! You got my gears turning now. I'm looking to put my camper up for sale so I can have some extra money to make my rig more camp-able. I have some other major repairs that need to be done to it first though. I am already past the value of this vehicle with the latest repair so I'm pot committed now. This thing has got to last me for a long while cause I do not want to go through the headache of purchasing another rig and possibly having a monthly payment. Tigger is PAID FOR!

Reactions: Dusther210

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Next on the agenda is a complete exhaust rebuild to fix the shade tree joe blow redneck repair. Going with Safari Snorkel Doug Thorley headers and and maybe cat delete to hopefully wake up this old VG33E engine.

Reactions: Dusther210

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I got the 100$ headers that have been working without issue for the last few years, after that I have Walker pipes for the 1999 Frontier running to a Walker quiet flow muffler. I love the way the truck sounds, no cats, no CEL and no angry neighbours lol

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I got the 100$ headers that have been working without issue for the last few years, after that I have Walker pipes for the 1999 Frontier running to a Walker quiet flow muffler. I love the way the truck sounds, no cats, no CEL and no angry neighbours lol
What are these $100 headers you speak of? I'm curious.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
What are these $100 headers you speak of? I'm curious.
Performance Exhaust Manifold Headers Fits Nissan Frontier Pathfinder 98-04 V6
Enjoy :)

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Performance Exhaust Manifold Headers Fits Nissan Frontier Pathfinder 98-04 V6
Enjoy :)
Oh man. I may have to look into this. Will save me from having to spend additional money on a catalytic converter down the road.
I’ve heard complaints of them cracking after a short time. Not an issue I experienced personally. I did open the bolt holes in the flanges a little and if you have to force exhaust components into position there’s something wrong so yea... a few years of abuse... no cracks or leaks and the truck sounds... I might have to make a video of it... I’m very happy with the sound...especially with my snorkel and my window opened a bit in a tunnel

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I’ve heard complaints of them cracking after a short time. Not an issue I experienced personally. I did open the bolt holes in the flanges a little and if you have to force exhaust components into position there’s something wrong so yea... a few years of abuse... no cracks or leaks and the truck sounds... I might have to make a video of it... I’m very happy with the sound...especially with my snorkel and my window opened a bit in a tunnel
I'm hoping I can scrounge up enough money to get a snorkel this year. I want to buy a good one. The hard part's going to be sealing the airbox. I've not found alot of information on that one.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I'm hoping I can scrounge up enough money to get a snorkel this year. I want to buy a good one. The hard part's going to be sealing the airbox. I've not found alot of information on that one.
I got the eBay one. Does not fit the V6 ...Some PVC pipe and end caps made it work well (see pic). I think for my wife’s xterra she will probably end up buying a name brand one if such a thing exists but the eBay one works with some creativity

Attachments

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I got the eBay one. Does not fit the V6 ...Some PVC pipe and end caps made it work well (see pic). I think for my wife’s xterra she will probably end up buying a name brand one if such a thing exists but the eBay one works with some creativity
I think I'll probably go with a dobinsons when I do get one.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I think I'll probably go with a dobinsons when I do get one.

This one? I couldn’t find one for the V6. Could you share a link for one so I can share with my wife for her xterra

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
That's the one. It's my understanding that it fits the vg33e just fine, but I've not done too much research on it yet, since I don't have the money to buy it. I need skids and new tires before I even think about a snorkel.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
That's the one. It's my understanding that it fits the vg33e just fine, but I've not done too much research on it yet, since I don't have the money to buy it. I need skids and new tires before I even think about a snorkel.
Someone on the internet said the eBay one fit too lol. I hope the dobinsons does actually fit though.

Schrockworks skids were the first things I put on the truck

Reactions: ryno9562 and reaver