Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

To start off, I have been working on the build quietly for about two years. I was using instagram (@grizzcamp) to document my build but I need a more text book approach (I will be editing posts as needed. Will start with roughing out my timeline, then filling in the details). Hopefully this will work out for when I need to troubleshoot something, make changes or eventually plan the next build. Some of the photos will not be composed, they will be specific to make identification easier for myself. I will be starting this thread out from when I picked up the custom shell build. Technically I'll be posting old photos and information, it will be some time before I get to posting more updated information. Should you like to see what is happening in real time, simply visit my Instagram (@grizzcamp) for my up to current (Mostly photos now of the camper at campsites lol.) status.

Maybe this thread will help out or inspire others with a build out. Should anyone have any questions, feel free to message me here or Instagram. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner as long as I'm in a location with internet reception.

DISCLAIMER: I continue to have no idea what I'm doing, I'm very much NOT a professional. I'm just using this build to learn some skills, figure out what I want in my next build out and have a little life distraction along the way. My goal is to build something that makes overlanding comfortable and unique for myself and my family.

Lets begin...

Last edited:

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

Installation day of the Pop-up wedge camper shell to the truck. Camper was built by Access Manufacturing and installed August 31, 2019. The camper is aluminum frame and aluminum walls with insulation foam in all the framing. The weight of the camper is estimated at 320 pounds. The paint matching to my truck color (Arctic Blue Metallic.) was also done by them (Note: As of 2021, I have had no paint issues at all. The finish is still like new and matches the truck very well.).

IMG_9796.JPG
Overland Bound Badge 2209. Let the adventure begin.

IMG_9782.JPG
Camper Shell Closed.

IMG_9788.JPG
Camper Shell Hatches Open.

IMG_9794.JPG
Camper Roof Hinges.

Note: I did not get a photo of the roof lid open at the time.

Last edited: