Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
We have one about 2 1/2 from the house in the Bankhead NF on the edge of the Sipsey Wilderness. Range is out to 200 yards with posts set at 25, 50, 100, and 200 yards. (I think) There are 4 or 5 shooting stations with benches and seats on swivels. Not fancy but basic and functional. You can shoot for $3, $2 if you're a senior. Great camping and backpacking(canoeing) nearby.

Tried out my new Glock 19X for the 1st time and it was amazing. The first mag I scored 8 out 10, in an 8" circle at 25 yards. The pistol is well balanced with good visibilty sites. Trigger is a little gravelly and doesn't stage well, but recoil is very light and the gun is back on target extremely fast. It is easily the best semi-auto I've ever fired. Definitely a happy camper here.
Ain't she purdy.

willlord

Rank III

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Lord
We have one about 2 1/2 from the house in the Bankhead NF on the edge of the Sipsey Wilderness. Range is out to 200 yards with posts set at 25, 50, 100, and 200 yards. (I think) There are 4 or 5 shooting stations with benches and seats on swivels. Not fancy but basic and functional. You can shoot for $3, $2 if you're a senior. Great camping and backpacking(canoeing) nearby.

Tried out my new Glock 19X for the 1st time and it was amazing. The first mag I scored 8 out 10, in an 8" circle at 25 yards. The pistol is well balanced with good visibilty sites. Trigger is a little gravelly and doesn't stage well, but recoil is very light and the gun is back on target extremely fast. It is easily the best semi-auto I've ever fired. Definitely a happy camper here.
View attachment 88510
Ain't she purdy.
The 4th gen 19 is my go to conceal carry. Now I want one in coyote tan.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I’m pretty happy with my 19x it’s now my edc gun, but the peanut butter color made me hungry so I had the frame cerakotaed OD green and the slide melonited after millingView attachment 89668
We have a NF range on the pawnee nation grass lands east of fort collins colorado about 45 min. Its a free range but donations are welcome. Its quite nice if you get out there before the rush or during the week. Other wise its not as much fun think when you list free and that close to town you get some very interesting people that you wouldnt trust with a nurf gun!

The 19x. Is great! I had a g19 for a while and it was ok. And also the 17 was great too. But buying the 19x shot better then both of them alone. The balancing was amazing! And carried it tell the g45 (the black 19x) came out and bought that and its my go to for any occasion. Great two guns have about 3500 rounds through the 19x. Breaks in really really nice. The 45 has 1000 through it and it is coming a long nicely. I didnt like the smaller grip of the 19 but the 17 the way i carry was to long. so when 19x came out. It was a great compromise. IMG_0239.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Biker Eagle

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I’m pretty happy with my 19x it’s now my edc gun, but the peanut butter color made me hungry so I had the frame cerakotaed OD green and the slide melonited after millingView attachment 89668
Do you like the comps? I have heard they have some reliability issues. So I never went there. I just sent my 19x slide off for a mos cut. Gonna see how I like the Rmr

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

My experience with compensators is that they work 100% with full power ammo. If you shoot weak ammo you may experience problems. You could play with recoil springs to get it to run but you would be defeating the whole point of a compensator anyway. I would not carry this gun if I thought any of the mods I made reduced reliability. All internals are stock. It does flatten the gun out and helps me keep the dot in the window during recoil.

If you want to try go for it, but vet your $h!t before you trust your life with it. The black 19 has 7k rounds and it and the green 19x has 4K. Each gun also got 500 rounds of my preferred carry ammo, Speer 124 gr +p gold dot.

Be carful who you send you slide to. AETI, agency arms, and L&M precision have good reputations. AETi does mine, and they cut the slide so precise the RMR snaps into place. They also do a great job refinishing the slide. My guns get exposed to salt water every other day. I’ve had the 19x for 6 months and no rust.

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Thanks for the note on the slide work! I sent mine to agency arms. But your right about vetting your stuff. Thats why ive never went there. I dont stray away to much from stock glocks. I had a m&p sheild that I put a apex trigger into it and still garbage... Good quality ammo as well.

I run the 135 gr critical duty +p. I wont carry it tell it has over 500 rounds of my carry ammo through it. Its like dry fire and carry ammo. I try and shoot a box or two of carry ammo every two weeks and dry fire practice 10 minutes twice a week.. that helps me tremendously. But the people that shoot the shit out of cheap practice ammo and go to their carry ammo thats 124 or more and arent use to the recoil of that round. Hear it all the time.. my shooting is off today! “How much do you shoot this 124 gr stuff?” “Bout once or twice a year”. “Well thats your problem”.

Last edited:

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

Here’s what is do. After I hav run enough carry ammo to feel comfortable, every time I unload the gun, I take the chambered round and throw it in a cup. Once I have 20-50 rounds in the cup I run a what ever drills I have the appropriate number of rounds for. This keeps me from rechambering the same rounds over and over.

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

Also 124 gr 9mm nato Ammo is loaded close to +p pressures and provides a decent cheap way to keep your practice ammo close to your carry ammo.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I like the cup idea! I dont like rechambering the same round ether. Once its slammed home it wont get rechambered in the edc. I have a keltec sub 2000 that runs the stuff i dont like shooting. Shoot the heck out of that Fiocchi 124 gr ball for practice because of that. Is has about the same recoil impulse as the +p. Buy that Fiocchi stuff in bulk and it seems to work fine and never really had any luck with the cci brass stuff running as well.

Jeepjk16

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

My newest addition is a glock 22 gen4 for training with. For a 40sw it is real smooth and a lot of fun to shoot! My conceal carrys are either a shield 40, shield 40 2.0 or my glock 43 gen4. Not to fond of the grip on gen5s without the ergonomics like the gen4s.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I had a glock 43 for about 2 months and never carried it so I sold it. I can always conceal the full size pretty good with my appendix rig. Think they are good for a nitch. But not mine

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

I recently picked up a 43x as a bord shorts gun. A 19 was the right size but it’s too heavy without a belt. If I do jumping jacks or run the 19 would pull my pants down. Hope this works better. I have a holster being made up now.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Love my 19x, but never warmed up to the single stack Glocks. They just didn't fit my hand. Bought a Walther PPS with extended mag and it's just right.
Walther PPS.jpg