Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
IMG_0438.JPG My wife and I just got back from a great 3 day, 300 mile trip through the Idaho back country. What a beautiful place. Moose, bald eagles, and spawning cut throat trout were some of the highlights of the trip. Although the locals said the road was in bad shape, compared to our normal trips the trail was awesome. Trail hugs right next to rivers and streams the whole way and is rimmed with rocky crags and lush greenery... one of the most beautiful drives I've been on in years. The trail starts in Pierce Id and ends in Superior Montana... There is snow in the high country already. Not a lot but you could camp and wake up in the morning with ALOT of snow on the ground this time of year. Perfect temp to take the Freedom tops off, turn The tunes up and enjoy a bright blue sunny day in the Idaho Mtns with basically zero people around.

Attachments

professorkx

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Yes, that is a beautiful area. I spend a ton of time playing and exploring between highway 12 and highway 90. I found the GPS locations of all the current and past fire towers, so spend time traveling around finding ruins.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 35651 My wife and I just got back from a great 3 day, 300 mile trip through the Idaho back country. What a beautiful place. Moose, bald eagles, and spawning cut throat trout were some of the highlights of the trip. Although the locals said the road was in bad shape, compared to our normal trips the trail was awesome. Trail hugs right next to rivers and streams the whole way and is rimmed with rocky crags and lush greenery... one of the most beautiful drives I've been on in years. The trail starts in Pierce Id and ends in Superior Montana... There is snow in the high country already. Not a lot but you could camp and wake up in the morning with ALOT of snow on the ground this time of year. Perfect temp to take the Freedom tops off, turn The tunes up and enjoy a bright blue sunny day in the Idaho Mtns with basically zero people around.
Hello neighbor...awesome trip...look at those fish....we'll have to get together and share an adventure ...thank you for sharing

Chetta58

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Walla walla wa
First Name
Butch
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
I think I still owe you a cup of coffee. Between our own outings and our grandkids we are on the go most of time. We are always looking for new places and people to go see them with. Let me know when you wanna go exploring and we'll find a spot to go look around...

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I think I still owe you a cup of coffee. Between our own outings and our grandkids we are on the go most of time. We are always looking for new places and people to go see them with. Let me know when you wanna go exploring and we'll find a spot to go look around...
Well I'm glad you get to stay busy having fun....i'll be on vacation Monday thru Sunday next week if you have any time available in there...

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
That's my back yard and my express route to the panhandle and northwest MT. Is some looking for conditions? Right now the twofiddy is closed from Pierce to Bungalow, 2ft rotten snow, and Kelly Forks to Hoodoo Pass. The latter probably won't be open for at least another month, but if someone wants to bang around there, let me know. I'll be heading up again next week for more recon.

Personally, the 250rd is mostly a backcountry arterial to other cool areas around the Northfork Clearwater, too many RVs and the washboards get annoying late July.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling